and she propably earns more than i do

i sent an email to a place i have a loan at, and i get this back:

Dear Adele Horn Re: Current status on account/[i]reference number 85151458605[/i]

Thank you for your recent enquiry. Please forward us your ID or reference number in order for us to access your current loan details and advise accordingly.

If you need any additional information, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Department on 021 764 3404. Our Customer Care Representatives are available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, and will be happy to assist you in any way they can.

Yours sincerely

Wendy
Customer Care

spot the fail?

haven’t laughed so hard in days

ref number?

I would reply with a made up number just to see what happens. I would also speak to a higher manager asking why you should want to do business with them.

Could be an auto reply… but you never know ::slight_smile:

if it is an autoreply, then whomever wrote it, needs to get shot.
but, the next mail, did say:

Dear Adele Horn

Pls ignore prev email asking for your id number

so, methinks, she is just reaaaaly slow.

i still cant stop smirking

Oh, it absolutely is. The consultant’s brain was on full autopilot when despatching the reply.

ETA: The previous reply shows where autopilot was switched off.

'Luthon64

Wow, you think this is bad try contacting Home Affairs - I sent them a scan of my passport and they replied asking for my ID number. When I wanted to input a number on my phone to call another department I was told to ring back when I had a pen because “the beeping irritates my ears” 5 months later I have a visa.

This is stupidity computerised (always far funnier than the human variety).