Atheists still can't explain the miracles of JESUS!

Atheists still can’t explain the miracles of JESUS!!! Atheists sure feel dumb and stupid when they can’t explain his miracles. Jesus’ miracles are eyewitness accounts that cannot be proven false. Atheists try hard to disprove jesus but jesus keeps owning them time and time again.

Can atheists explain any of these miracles thru science? HAHA

• Cure of two blind men (Matt 9:27-31)
• Piece of money in the fish’s mouth (Matt 17:24-27)
• The deaf and dumb man (Mark 7:31-37)
• The blind man of Bethsaida (Mark 8:22-26)
• Jesus passes unseen through the crowd (Luke 4:28-30)
• The miraculous draught of fishes (Luke 5:4-11)
• The raising of the widow’s son at Nain (Luke 7:11-18)
• The woman with the spirit of infirmity (Luke 13:11-17)
• The man with the dropsy (Luke 14:1-6)
• The ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19)
• The healing of Malchus (Luke 22:50-51)

• Water made wine (John 2:1-11)
• Cure of nobleman’s son, Capernaum (John 4:46-54)
• Impotent man at Bethsaida cured (John 5:1-9)
• Man born blind cured (John 9:1-7)

• Lazarus raised from the dead (John 11:38-44)
• Draught of fishes (John 21:1-14)
• Syrophoenician woman’s daughter cured (Matt 15:28; Mark 7:24)

• Four thousand fed (Matt 15:32; Mark 8:1)
• Fig tree blasted (Matt 21:18; Mark 11:12)
• Centurion’s servant healed (Matt 8:5; Luke 7:1)
• Blind and dumb demoniac cured (Matt 12:22; Luke 11:14)
• Demoniac cured in synagogue at Capernaum (Mark 1:23; Luke 4:33)
• Peter’s wife’s mother cured (Matt 8:14; Mark 1:30; Luke 4:38)
• The tempest stilled (Matt 8:23; Mark 4:37; Luke 8:22)
• Demoniacs of Gadara cured (Matt 8:28; Mark 5:1; Luke 8:26)
• Swine rush into and drown (Mark 5:1-20)
• Leper healed (Matt 8:2; Mark 1:40; Luke 5:12)
• Jairus’s daughter raised (Matt 9:23; Mark 5:23; Luke 8:41)
• Woman’s issue of blood cured (Matt 9:20; Mark 5:25; Luke 8:43)
• Man sick of the palsy cured (Matt 9:2; Mark 2:3; Luke 5:18)
• Man’s withered hand cured (Matt 12:10; Mark 3:1; Luke 6:6)
• A lunatic child cured (Matt 17:14; Mark 9:14; Luke 9:37)
• Two blind men cured (Matt 20:29; Mark 10:46; Luke 18:35)
• Jesus walks on the sea (Matt 14:25; Mark 6:48; John 6:15)
• Jesus feeds 5,000 “in a desert place” (Matt 14:15; Mark 6:30; Luke 9:10; John 6:1-14)
• Many fulfilled prophecies (also see: prophets)
• The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:35)
• Star of Bethlehem
• The transfiguration (Matt 17:1-8)
• The resurrection (John 21:1-14)
• The ascension (Luke 2:42-51)
• Peter and the healing of a the paralytic Aeneas at Lydda (Acts 9:32, 35, 38)
• Miraculous ability to speak and/or understand a foreign language (tongue) previously unknown to the speaker (See: Gift of tongues)
• Inspiration of Scripture by God

Jesus' miracles are eyewitness accounts....

Oh yes that is completely and utterly not falsifyable in any way! Oh wait, no, actually, someone could just write down whatever they want to, and you’d have no way of knowing they were lying… you’d just “blindly believe like a child” whether it were true or not.

... that cannot be proven false.

Sigh, already you make the first logic mistake all religious people make. Choose your challenge:

Prove that Thor doesn’t exist.

OR

Prove that the Koran is NOT the absolute true word of God.

Gawrsh, I know I do … yuk, yuk! Praise da lawdy!

Mintaka

Sheesh man, you’re really behind the times!

I am an atheist and I myself perform many of these miracles. I can walk on water, turn water into brandewyn, raise the dead. For the pittance of US$2500 I would be prepared to demonstrate to you. The Rwenzori Academy of Weird Shit also runs courses in how to perform YOUR VERY OWN MIRACLES! No Jesus required. Of course, our courses cost a bit more, but you’re worth it. For US$22000 we’ll throw in a free moonplot too! The more you buy the more you SAVE, just like Jesus does!

swing and a miss, stike two

Allow me to correct that for you: Religious nutters try hard to disprove reality but reality keeps pwning them time and time again.

What miracles are the 12th, 17th and 21st items in your list?

'Luthon64

Christians still can’t explain how Santa manages to deliver millions of presents in one night, or how he fits down the chimney!
Christians still can’t explain the miracles of Vishnu!

What do these things have in common with the miracles of Jesus? They are all fables.

Here is an exercise for you: Take the four “eyewitness accounts”, in other words Gospels, and write one version that does not contradict any of them.

Can’t?

That is because these “eyewitness accounts” are inconsistent with each other.

If you read the Catholic Encyclopedia, where the events surrounding the meeting at Nicaea in the year 325CE are recorded in detail, you will find that Jesus Christ was a creation of Constantine, meant to be the new god of the Romans. They name is a combination of the names of two of his forefathers and before this, Jesus Christ did not exist in any shape or form.

Most important of all, the burden of proof is on the Christians (since they are making the claim) to prove the existence of Jesus as a historical figure, the accuracy of the Gospels and the outlandish claims made by the Bible.

The Bible is a collection of Pagan, Jewish and Roman fairy tales. No more, no less.

If you disagree, and I expect you to, please provide evidence that backs up your claims.

Luthon, the blank lines are probably the only claims that are true and also represents the sum total of evidence supporting the supernatural!

Shammy, also explain how Mary Poppins manages to fly with an umbrella! HAHA

Oh, and please come up with something original, or if you are “sunali” from the Richard Dawkins Forum and just copied and pasted the same drivel here, at least post something that wasn’t debunked elsewhere, or was “stijndeloose” correct in classifying you as a “drive-by troll”? You must be, because you didn’t respond to any of their comments either.

It is all hearsay. It is real because it is in the Bible? Your evidence need verification. Get your god (he is omnipotent he can do it) do a real miracle now, today. That will convince us all.

Jeez… on how many sites have you posted the same lame argument?

On a more serious note - Here is the evidence for the existence of Jesus. (Couldn’t help it >:D … here is the link)

I count six. If my arithmetic isn’t completely faulty, that’s two apostles per posting, and four miracles per apostle. Two is the square root of four. Three, the number of blank miracles, falls exactly midway between two and four. Add one miracle for how neatly the numbers come together.

'Luthon64

Proof that numerology is is a reality! (cue eery music)

I just love everyone’s responses – probably spent too much time on this post anyway but it was fun to read.

This image comes to mind after reading the first post -

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2008/09/thestupiditburns.jpg

I could help but notice this “miracle” -

(wtf!!) Anyone knows that if you don’t want to be seen, you lose yourself in a crowd – maybe things were a little slow on the miracle front that year?

Those would be the totally awesome invisible miracles no one yet knows about. I’ll tell you next year… :wink:

Mabus? That you perhaps… ::slight_smile:

Shammi, shame on you for falling for undocumented eye-witness hearsay that cannot overcome the presumption of naturalism that Hume uses in his corollary thereto to discount miracles. No magician or any other qualified person examined those people. And the water into wine is just a magic act, sir1 So, for the sake of argument then he used the power of suggestion about psychogenic manifestations- all natural. And the same applies to Paul the Sophist’s note of five hundred witnesses. And he had epileptic visions that as being natural offer no support for the supernatural,sir. ::slight_smile:
Not do fast Mefiante, sure Constantine wanted him as Christ, but allowing for his existence, others made up events thereto like the account I read of a preacher who composed what he thought the good thief said on his cross. Such is how the propagandists pushed their evangel of superstition as the contradictory accounts illustrate!

epic facepalm

I’ve spent 2 evenings (I’m sick and sleep mostly) watching a debate with C.Hitchens held at an American Christian University. The debate was called simply “Does God Exist?”. (I just got it from a friend so I wouldn’t know where or how you can watch it, sorry)

The Apologist side’s arguments were much the same. You cannot disprove Jesus, especially his resurrection, and the fact that people bought it then means it’s plausable. I will give it to the apologist, some of his arguments were a LOT more lucid and well formed than most (for instance, he acknowledges that the question of morality shouldn’t enter into an argument on the existance of god, in fact, he uses it as defense of the evil that religion has caused in the world). However time and time again he accused Hitchens of not “proving atheism is true”, so much so that Hitchens simply gives up and doesn’t even respond anymore.