Boobquake

Following on Mandarb’s comment here, I think we should take part in Boobquake.

I’ll be joining in…

Help fight supernatural thinking and the oppression of women, just by showing your cleavage!

http://www.blaghag.com/2010/04/in-name-of-science-i-offer-my-boobs.html

“Many women who do not dress modestly … lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes,” Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran’s acting Friday prayer leader.

I have a modest proposal.

Sedighi claims that not dressing modestly causes earthquakes. If so, we should be able to test this claim scientifically. You all remember the homeopathy overdose?

Time for a Boobqauke.

On Monday, April 26th, I will wear the most cleavage-showing shirt I own. Yes, the one usually reserved for a night on the town. I encourage other female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts. Or short shorts, if that’s your preferred form of immodesty. With the power of our scandalous bodies combined, we should surely produce an earthquake. If not, I’m sure Sedighi can come up with a rational explanation for why the ground didn’t rumble. And if we really get through to him, maybe it’ll be one involving plate tectonics.

So, who’s with me? I may be a D cup, but that will probably only produce a slight tremor on its own. If you’ll be joining me on twitter, use the tag #boobquake!

:-[ Dont have much… :-\

Not sure whether it will cause a wobble, never mind a quake…

sigh

As long as you expose some flesh, Faerie… :wink:

I’m terrified about what effects mine will cause, will probably need knee replacements afterwards… ;D

Eish - shouldn’t we have done the whole flesh-showing thing when it was still summer?!? Oh well, guess I could brave the cold and participate… in the name of science ;D

i volunteer some naked lesbian boobs. two pairs, even three, if the cause requires it.

Happy to expose some flesh - but I’d prefer the boobs to stay ensconsed in the wonderbra, at least they look a tad more THERE with the wonderbra. :smiley:

Well, seeing as Sedighi’s a Muslim cleric, “promiscuous” no doubt means to him any woman who doesn’t wear a burka and niqāb. Thus, a low-cut blouse, jeans and makeup should be enough to precipitate a few tremors if there’s anything to Sedighi’s thoughts. Can we afford the risk of bringing on a major event with more provocative attire? :wink:

'Luthon64

Do moobs count?

Going commando might… >:D

st0nes, I’d love it if you could include your moobs but unfortunately the other requirement is a vagina, which as we all know is responsible for every evil to befall mankind and the planet - well according to old Sedighi, anyway.

Careful now, NAKED, LESBIAN, and BOOBS in the same sentence will surely unleash the Apocalypse. There will be boiling moons and falling dragons and trumpeting beasts and tattooed foreheads. Angels committing mail fraud and all manner of calamities, not to mention horny fundamentalists who will have to beat up a woman or molest a child in order to avoid an erection.

Maybe I’m exaggerating just a tad.

Yeah but it’d be totally worth it.

Thanks for the mammaries.

Count me in. For the quakin’ boobs that is.