Deserving a facepalm

The only complex plane of interest to evangelical preachers is a Learjet.

Job seekers assert that math does not build cars, and Ford’s insistence that people have studied basic math as a job requirement is “not scientific”. Yes, something here is indeed not scientific.

As one observer put it (approximately), “Another roaring ANC success, basic STEM education. 30-percenter youth show their intellectual mettle.”

Equally facepalm-worthy. With ministers of this, er, cerebral calibre blithely ignoring plain facts and reason, it’s no surprise that SA’s jobseekers don’t understand the need for STEM education. Because they have no STEM education to start with.

'Luthon64

This woman has some thoughts on the Lex Fridman podcast over Africa’s general habit of always siding with the commies. An interesting listen, though I find her a bit longwinded… It’s good to see Africans starting to question the premise: the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

But you’re talking to many decades of widespread indoctrination that warps the “truth” for many people. I think in the west many of us also see the “truth” of western civilization with some degree of rose-tintedness. So, I guard about deciding, even internally, about the rights and wrongs of wars. The truth of them always depends on who you talk to.

For ex: The USA is currently involved in 3 conflicts: Yemen, Somalia and Syria. For some reason precious few people are even aware of this, nor of the reports of war-crimes that permeate their operations. But it’s ignored, cause they’re the good guys. Right?

And now republicans(via Trump) are guilty of pushing vaccines too fast, and democrats are guilty of delaying them too long… What a time to be alive! (video, don’t watch it all, too long)

Typical politics: “All I know is, I’m against whatever my opponent is doing right now”

It’s like everyday the internet gets worse

At least the art isn’t too bad.

Not too bad?! You realise how big that ship has to be?!

Giant, as advertised. But that’s art for you.

I really, really wish that I could come up with this kind of bullshit. It’s got to be worth something, probably a lot.

The BS-to-word ratio here must be some kind of world record.

That’s what marketing and advertising types are for and why such agencies are so pricey: A huge amount of dedicated effort is needed to construct such monumental baloney.

'Luthon64

a Bottle of Rainbow!! :crazy_face:

Well, you can pay or you can just initiate a convo with a certain D. Mabus. (Is that like saying Voldemort?)

Isn’t that the same stuff that unicorns drink?

Ladies and gentle-heathens, I present to you the all time winner of SIMULTANEOUSLY the worst, and most amazing, science conference of all time rolled into one. It just blows me away. On one hand, you have net positive nuclear fusion. I mean… it doesn’t get any bigger than that. That’s only like 100 years in the making. That’s a once-in-a-lifetime breakthrough. Amazing. Breathtaking. About time. Now nuclear fusion power plants are surely only 20 years away… :wink:

On the other hand, the people announcing this discovery made great pains to make sure it is “equitable”, “diverse” and “inclusive”. What!?! What the fuck are you on about? Science is no place for this political bullshit! For Pete’s sake! But it gets worse: Extra credit goes to… drumroll please: Joe Biden for making it all possible … <sarcasm> I’m sure he was instrumental</sarcasm>.

Let’s not forget, The most important part of this discovery is what it means for (checks papers): Creating weapons.

throws papers in the air and walks away muttering: “Fucking people man…”

Astrophysics is steeped in white supremacy.

Aaaah, brainy chicks that stand up for their beliefs are soooo adorable!

What a wonderful god.