Feel-Good story for the day!

In free fall you do about 200km, if you go down head first you can do 300km but up there the other people jumping with you are doing more or less the same speed. 300km on a public road? That’s criminal.
My long term fuel consumption on a Corsa diesel is 17.3 km/liter but I have done 20 km/l - not fun though.

:o I have a '06 GSR! Very, very nice bike!

I agree. I have 125cc bike. I don’t drive it anymore because of the danger on the road. My next bike would probably be a 400cc or a 600cc. I feel much more comfourtable being away from other drivers.

Lovely bike, classified as a commuter which saves on the insurance, but I’ve been able to leave the S/O on his SV650 choking on dust on occassion.

For a lady the 400 is no good, they’re lumpy, really heavy and it being a grey import, generally not good for resale value. Go for a 600 if you’re inclined to a bigger bike, although personally, for a lady, the Hoender (Honda) 250cc is all we need unless you’re blessed with too much testoterone and want to embarrass the men on the track.

I had a 400 before I got the GSR and the difference in weight and ease in riding was remarkable. I moerred off that 400 more times than I can remember at a standstill and it was due to weight (and the fact that I’m bloody short and at best had to swing half off the seat at a standstill just to get a tiptoe on the ground). The 600 is a lightweight in comparison and easy to maneuvre, I also had it lowered to accommodate my toes at least touching the ground without having to shift on the seat.

I also prefer riding at the back of the pack, or even better, on my own. The sense of tranquility and being “at peace” when riding is what I miss the most. Just you, the machine, the road and your thinks. Bliss.