Forum Etiquette

Muffels to Tele:
“But where on earth did you dredge up the strange notion that I’m “[trying] to engage in a conversation” with you?”

What…, not even trying to have a conversation with me? From there on I accepted that all you are doing when replying to me is troll until you are willing to have a conversation… or at least try.

clearly

Muffles troll, she admits it.
reading fail
I don't see disagreements as trolling, that is a misrepresentation/lie from your side.
It is born up by experience. I haven't seen [b]mefiante[/b] troll at all.
A troll is someone who does not contribute to a discussion in any positive or constructive manner and is purely there to disrupt it. To this, muffles admits.
Bullshit.
I wouldn't be surprised if your "prior understanding of what I am" is also a misunderstanding.
I'd be [b]very[/b] surprised.

Hmm, it certainly lo-o-o-o-ks like you’ve got me there. Could there be another possibility besides trolling, ya think?

'Luthon64

Wait… is this you trying to have a conversation with m… Ah dang, you got me again. Tell me when you are willing to have a conversation (not just trolling) with me then some of your questions should get attention ;).

problem is, and this is from many months of observation, is that, tele, you never really answer the questions put to you.
i dont engage with you, because i see the folly that others battle against.
you answer questions with questions.
there is never a concrete, this is it, final, decisive answer.
it’s a pain in the ass.
you refer a person from one site to the next. quoting randomly. but no answer is reached.
no answer that you can say, ‘i have experienced this for sure’.

there is an afrikaans saying 'soos ‘n passer om sy eie gat.’
i actually dont generally bother to read your posts, because i know that i wont glean anything from it, there are no rock solid facts, just floaty theorems. and untill it reaches flame wars, there is nothing in there.
you insist on using this high-flying acedemic language, for what puspose i have no idea. while there is no word that google cant find, you are simply postioning yourelf as a superior intellect.
use plain english. it works. really.
while you might be so involved with your intellect, i live on mother earth, and would appreceate you not talking down to me.
i dont have the time to sit and decifer what you are actually saying. i dont have the leisure of having spent years in study to sound smarter than joe soap. if you want honest, interactive feedback from the people on the forum, then make it accessable to jodels like, who dont spend their time in books.
and write your own experience, with things that are concrete. that we can at least relate to.
its all good and well to speculate the bizarro and out there, but that is all you do?
i still dont know if you are for real, or just having a grand time taking the piss.

Now you see GCG why you’re a hero (certainly one of mine)!

Ditto, but we tried that so many times in the past, remember? Never once did it work, remember? Go on, I dare you to surprise everyone and show us just how wrong inductive reasoning can be.

'Luthon64

That’s a lie.

Be honest, have you ever tried to have a decent conversation with me, devoid of any veiled ad hominems? Perhaps we can pick it up from there…?

You’re the bees knees, and the cat’s collar, and I think you’re great. You are also one of my heros!!

Now you are talking serious shit - you are incapable of having any “decent conversation” on any forum. In fact, apart from what you plagiarise and quote from others, you seem mostly incapable of posting any original thought.

then why are people on this forum constantly complaining that they cant get a straight answer out of you?!
cyghost has tried for ages, and ends up popping a vein trying to coax you into an answer that satisfies the criteria for common logic.
this forum is full of people ready and rearing to argue and debate, and yet, one meets a brick wall of illogical arguments and theories with you. we are here, after all, to be skeptic. to argue away the veil that people pull over your eyes. so the idea is, have evidence. concrete evidence. not links to websites claiming more rubbish.
you seem to be the champion for the etherial. but obviously the skeptics here arent really to be found for it.
i cant speak for anybody else here, but i loathe reading posts from you, because it seems to follow the same trend of pie in the sky. and after delving though pages of gibberish, and trying to extract what your point it, one is exasperated to find, you still dont offer answers that dont reside in the ether and the theory.
while its fun as all hell to debate the existance of Narnia, we still know the cupboard leads nowhere.

I knew it wouldn’t take long for this thread to be moved here - I must be psychic >:D

It’s funny how we’re all saying the same thing and Teleological ignores what’s being said and starts behaving like he’s the victim. If you go through any of the threads in the Flame section you’ll read all these same arguments over and over again.

Like GCG, I gave up reading anything Telly said ages ago. I don’t have the time and patience to read through reams of crap only to learn from others here that it is CRAP. It’s annoying.

The continuous linking to even more crap is even more annoying.

This is why I haven’t been on the forum for so long. I’d rather watch paint dry or gaze at my own navel than read through the stuff Telly posts.

Some of the people here have been here longer than Telly and have a reputation for being someone to go to for solid and sound knowledge, Mefi being one of them. Telly, however, has a reputation for talking nonsense, being unable or unwilling to consider what people far more knowledgable than him have to say. Which means that when I see something posted by Telly, I no longer bother reading it and which means I miss out on a chance of actually learning something.

mdg

Ah, it’s been moved… Seems to have gone downwards since the first reply anyway. Have fun chaps.