Good parenting for the atheist

Well put.

The church that they wanted my child to attend is the AGS church, or as I call it, the happy clappy. My child is only four years old, and still very gullible. My experience with the AGS church is not a positive one, as they try to scare the living bejeezus out of you from as young as they can get their grimy claws on you. (My childhood friend used to be a member there, and they made her carry around a little book with all the symbols and stories and things they consider “demonic”, she was eventually scared of her own shadow.)

At this age my child believes anything anyone tells her, and I am not having the church scare her with stories about demons and hell and all that crap. At this point she can rather sleep late on Sundays and spend the weekends rollerblading and building solar systems with her mom and dad, which I am sure will be better for her than sunday school. When she goes to school I will let her decide if she wants to attend church with her schoolfriends.

When I was at school the 1970s and 1980s, there was an extra layer of paranoia, namely communism. If some symbol or logo wasn’t satanic, it was communist. ;D

Ah yes, the rooi gevaar arm-in-arm with the swart gevaar facing off against the groot krokodil. These days it’s the geel gevaar threatening us with takeover facing off against the troep gek hansworse

'Luthon64