Greetings

Hi there!

I’m new here (duh!) and SOOOO very relieved to find a South African forum for sceptics!

Without going into too much detail, let’s just say that I live and work in Potchefstroom and have done so my entire life (anyone who still wonders why I’m so glad to find out I’m not the only sceptic in South Africa?) and my route to scepticism was something like uber religious child, delinquent teenager converted into uber religious teenager, brain kicks in and questions are researched (yay for the internet!) and now, the label that most closely describes me is that of “secular humanism”.

I am close to 30 years old with 2 children and a husband who doesn’t know that I’ve de-converted from Christianity (though I guess it won’t be an enormous shock to him).

As a sceptic and non-Christian I am so deep in the closet that I’m starting to see the light from the lamp that lights the way to Narnia, but at this stage I have no choice. Not only do I not even know anyone personally who is not a Christian or a Muslim, but my boss is a “mevrou dominee”.

Okay, I’ll stop rambling now.