I'm despondent

For what its worth, my lad finished his degree with 5 distinctions and is now doing his honours whilst working an internship. My youngest starts varsity next year and is following the same route.

Turned out to be a good choice as he travelled to Belgium for a semester and loved it.

Great news, and congratulations! :slight_smile:

Rereading this thread with a dollop of nostalgia. My son signed a lease for his first flat yesterday and will be moving into his first “own place” come month end. He’s busy with his masters, working and earns a fair salary for a graduate. My youngest is entering varsity next year and I will be formally classified as an “empty nester” come january. How quickly life moves on…

Just to end this thread.
My boy completed his masters and graduated two weeks ago. He is working, got his own place and earns more than his mother.
My youngest is doing second year at the same varsity and received a full scholarship from my work based on his 9 distinctions end last year.
Im done, klaar, I only need to sponsor petrol money now.
It was a long journey.
Mommy Faerie out.

Oh you just wait for the grandkids. My parents also patted themselves on the back… then my sibling procreated…

Respectfully, Boogie, shut up and allow me my moment! ;D