Magic scam

Just in. Mrs Kent came home for lunch and told me a sad story of a scam that happened this morning. One of the ladies she works with, call her A (I don’t know her name myself) went to the bank, where she drew R8,000. On stepping out of the building, a gentleman came up to her, tapped her on the shoulder a few times, and then briskly walked away. Just then, from the other side of the road a lady could suddenly be heard shouting while frantically waving her arms: “Daardie man het jou getoor! Wag daar!”. She hurried across the road and asked A if, perchance, she drew some money. A naturally answered yes. The frantic lady then instructed her to take the money out, and lay it on her hand so she can render the curse undone. After waving a coin over the pile of notes for a while, Frantica drew a toilet roll from her bag and wrapped the notes in the two-ply. She then stuck the wrapped notes into A’s handbag with the instruction not to open the parcel for at least fifteen minutes. A was presumably so relieved about the freshly annihilated evil that she was only to glad to comply. Unfortunately, when the parcel was opened, the notes had turned into used raffle scratch cards.

A healthy scepticism towards all things magical should hopefully offer you some protection against this (new?) scheme which might be doing the rounds.

Rigil

Nope, not new, just new victims. I’ve come across this one before. It was the reason I opened up a bank account for my domestic instead of paying her wages in cash, they wait for the ladies at the taxi rank on a Friday afternoon and rob them in broad daylight AND share the taxi home with them.

I utterly detest people that take advantage of other’s ignorance/superstitions.

That’s why I detest preachers, churches and religions.

And they also abracadabra your money away, albeit after promising what they cannot deliver. A magic scam if ever there was one.

'Luthon64

And where did they get the idea for this wrap and switch scam?

Probably watched the Robert Redford movie, The Sting.