Marikana: Muti triggered suicidal rush.

Admit it, the thought of peddling garbage for profit is an enticing one. Especially if you were fairly confident your “product” didn’t have any negative consequences (unlike fake medicines).

Sure — if you have the moral fortitude of an avaricious, unscrupulous, sociopathic egomaniac. The fact is that such creeps are all the more unscrupulous for blatantly exploiting the fact that they’ll never need to refund any of their sales or do anything at all to make good on their promises. Hot air is all they’ve got in their goody bags.

I cannot for the life of me imagine any circumstances in which I would find it acceptable to prey on the misery of others by buttering them up with contrived BS. Simple self-respect forbids such a thing.

'Luthon64

These folk lack self-respect. It’s their defining characteristic.

The sangoma believed to have performed rituals on protesting Lonmin mineworkers in Marikana, North West, has been gunned down, the Farlam Commission heard.

At the resumption of the public hearings in the Rustenburg Civic Centre, advocate Ishmael Semenya, for the police, told retired judge Ian Farlam that the man was shot on Sunday.

“It was with a deep sense of shock to learn about the assassination of the sangoma (implicated) in the Marikana muti rituals. He was gunned down in the early hours of yesterday morning,” said Semenya.

He said police had been making efforts to bring the sangoma to testify as a witness before the commission.

No further details were given but Farlam said the murder was “obviously a serious matter”.

Information on social networks indicated that the sangoma was killed at his home in Bizana, Eastern Cape.