Messages for James Randi

Things to ask …

1. How about organising TAM in South Africa next time around? They can alternate between us and those other creatures down under!
  2. Any job openings at the JREF? There’s this Deezil dude down in SA who will work for peanuts etc. etc.

Will think of a few more in the meantime …

I think for them to even consider organizing a TAM down here, we need to put together a shortlist of about 800 skeptics who’ll be willing to pay a few hundred bucks to attend, plus a venue… I’m doubtful we’ll ever have a TAM here but I’m optimistic :slight_smile:

I’ve booked a meeting with The Amazing one for Saturday - get those questions in before then if you want me to present them to him!

I spoke with DJ Grothe & Randi about this last year, and they were both keen. So I came back and tried to establish who was interested, and didn’t get very far - plenty of tweeting & FB’ing eventually resulted in around 65 enthusiasts. Venue no problem to arrange - at least here in Cape Town (and I’m sure university contacts in JHB will help us find something there) - but unfortunately, I share your pessimism. The skeptical community is too small, and too fragmented here.