Mighty Men Conference

LOL! The “Mighty Men” appear to be one horseman short of an Apocalypse:

http://www.shalomtrust.co.za/images/stories/general/3horses.jpg

It’ll be over, praise the lord

Why? because 7 is a magic number roflol ;D

LOL! PTL! PTL!

Amen and all that!

Sure enough, it’s a sign! That old “One potato, two potato…” rhyme also stops at “seven” (but please, please, please let’s not tell Unca Angus that its very next word is “more”).

'Luthon64

No, no, its only seven for SA. My American colleagues report that his face is plastered all over Wallmart and has been talking at a couple fundamentalist churches around the states…

Dollars makes more sense than Rands, now doesnt it?

I had a look on his events page and couldn’t find anything for the U.S., perhaps he’s still waiting for god’s permission on that one. ;D

mdg

;D
Good day

I feel at this stage that your GOD feels good in humiliating me. We already going through deep waters. Just to me mugged on Friday. and I have to walk home - 30 km - And nobody will pick you up not even the people that knows you. How much suffering must one go through??? I am sure HE sits on His thrown and laugh at me.

I planned on going to next years camp with my brother in law. But I don’t know if I still want anything to do with HIM any more.
Can anybody give me prove that HE is alive??? or must I just be sattisfied to be HIS toy?

Maybe Angus is GOD. And the story of a heart attack bullshit bring the proof

Regards

A bit incoherent mate. Sorry to hear about the mugging, that really bites. Big time.

Rest yourself though, there are no God(s) and they needend worry you in the least.

As to making Uncle Angus your god, that would be counter productive. I suggest laughing at him and his “men” from the sidelines as opposed to wasting time in going. I really do.

Hi Bernard,

Can anybody give me prove that HE is alive??
Yes, proof - or at least evidence - is the whole point. If we believe stuff without proof, what is to stop us from believing absolutely anything and everything that takes our fancy?
We already going through deep waters. Just to me mugged on Friday
The notion that hugely unfortunate events can happen in the same world reportedly inhabited by a loving and all powerful god, is one of the more awkward questions that theists have to answer. But people keep making excuses on God's behalf, and the popular retorts used to defend the implicit cruelty of this imaginary being are usually the free-will-original-sin "argument", or the total cop-out god-works-in-mysterious-ways reply.

But at the end of the day, the theistic claim still boils down to a living,loving, caring god fully aware of, and allowing suffering and agony of basically innocent people and animals. Which, of course, is contradictory and rubbish.

Look at the world. It just isn’t compatible with the attributes of the Christian God. But a world where no God is assumed makes perfect sense.

Good luck on your journey of discovering and appreciating reality!

Mintaka

Xtians want to think Atheists are mad at god and that being the reason for not believing, but being mad at god is the same than being mad at Santa or the Tooth Fairy.
Absurd!!! But try to explain that to them!

I feel at this stage that your GOD feels good in humiliating me. I am sure HE sits on His thrown and laugh at me.

Why do you say this, do you still think he is out there?

I’m sorry to hear about you being mugged, but see it in this way: There are people out there Being killed for 10 bucks, people who had cancer which returned time after time (who Literally prayed themselves to death) and they still died etc etc. Thinking of these cases, could there be a “god all mighty” out there??? (Without listening to the BS excuses of theists,they might actually try to pray for your vehicle to return :wink: )

By accepting that we are only human and sh!t happens, to accept what happened to us and go on with our life’s is the most important! Religion taught many of us a “sorry azz” Attitude, it is up to us to change that!

Good point and one Bernard should look at closely. Being “mad” at God and choosing to make that your criteria to not believe in him is not logical.

The notion that hugely unfortunate events can happen in the same world reportedly inhabited by a loving and all powerful god, is one of the more awkward questions that theists have to answer.
Indeed. I think it is mostly due to the problem of evil that I started and went all the way down the slippery slope of doubt in the first place. For me it is the most compelling reason to dismiss a omniscient, omnipotent, omni-benevolent God.

Sorry about your mugging.

But sadly God is Dead - he vrekked a while back - it was all over the net, I’m surprised you missed it.

That’s the trouble. Every believer missed it. And it happened about 150 years ago too!

Angus to do the mashed potato with Third Day in Durban.

'Luthon64

Words fail me.

'Luthon64

When and where is Mighty Men Conference 2010 held? 16-18 April 2010 at Shalom Farm near Greytown, Kwazulu-Natal.

How do I know when I am registered?
Your unique barcoded iTicket is e-mailed to you so you never have to leave your seat! If you are part of a group and a group member is registering for the entire group, please make sure that your group member is someone that you know personally. Every person attending must have an iTicket.

Only valid ticket holders will be allowed access to the area. Tickets are scanned at the event.

Please do not purchase tickets from an unkown person claiming to be an official MMC ticket vendor. Making reservations through www.itickets.co.za is the official registration channel.

Would a religious person really try to slip in without a ticket? Perhaps they’ve experienced it before?
Not as honest as they’ve hoped for perhaps :wink:

Strict gate security for such a good cause ::slight_smile:

[u][b]If I am camping, do I need another ticket for the conferece?[/b][/u] No. A camping ticket also gives you access to the conference.

If I am camping, how do I select a camp site and how does the camping fee work?
Firstly, the MMC Conference is FREE for anyone to attend and all camping fees go directly to the land owners to prepare the camping grounds (see INTERESTING FACTS).
Secondly, there is a camping fee of R100 per person for men booking before 31 January 2010 and R150 per person thereafter. Your booking is valid for the entire duration of the event and you are welcome to arrive on 10 April 2010 and leave on 25 April 2010. PS: remember to register before 31 January 2010 to avoid a possible late entry penalty.
Thirdly, simply select a camp site where your province is specified and tell all your friends to book in the same camp site.

So who of you are going to be brave enough to attend this one? ;D

[u][b]What does camping cost? Is it R100/day? R150 for the weekend? R100 for campsite?[/b][/u] All funds for the weekend go directly to the land owners for preparing the fields for camping. There is a camping fee of R100 per person for men booking before 31 January 2010 and R150 per person thereafter.
Hmf did they actually answer the question? Their followers are now as confused as the organisers ::)

Come on Angy how much is it exactly, we want to calculate your profit margins :wink: …and why R150 p/p after 31 Jan 2010?

So who of you are going to be brave enough to attend this one?

Well, I enjoy camping as much as anyone. Does one need to bring one’s own food, or will manna be provided?

Mintaka

;D ;D ;D

Dono, dont think they wanna make such promises as yet :wink:

Menu for the weekend:

Friday Eve: Fasting=Starve

Saterday Breakfast: Fasting
Lunch: Fasting
Dinner: Starters: Manna
Main: Quail with and a sideplate option of:
- Baked potato skins
- Mashed potatoes
- Potato bake (+R20 for this option)
- Potato salad
Desert: Sweet Potato
Sunday: Fasting
(Sunday eve at home McD’s ;))

Here Julian, have a gander at this thread.

and I loved this letter in the Beeld this morning:

Daar is groter wins in dié koolkoppe! deur Eric de Carlos van Pretoria skryf 2010-04-16 00:02

Dis weer oestyd op Shalom.

Oom Angus en sy medeboere staan gereed om die jaarlikse koolkop-oes van die land te haal.

Hierdie jaar se opbrengs gaan blykbaar laas jaar se oes oortref, maar oom Angus sê dat hy nie koolkoppe tel nie. Net die wins.

Met die prys van aartappels, wat nou juis so laag is, lewer koolkoppe bepaald groter wins.

Dit hou ook ander voordele in.

Geen belasting word op die oes betaal nie. Boonop werk die boere net ’n paar dae per jaar.

Sommige koolkoppe, wat nog nooit militêre opleiding gedoen het nie, verbeel hulle dat hulle ’n kamp bywoon.

Die koolkoppe bemes die grond gratis – sodat aartappels geplant kan word as die pryse weer sou herstel.

http://www.beeld.com/MyBeeld/Daar-is-groter-wins-in-dié-koolkoppe-20100415

Buchan like all the other charismatic preachers are in it for the money, although they probably REALLY believe the nonsense they preach (you should’ve heard my wife when he called on women to ‘submit’!!! :o) Can anyone tell me what the charges were, i.e. entrance fees, cost of meals, books sold, CD’s and drinks etc. broad rimmed hats, T-shirts. My very rough estimates put this at a cool R6 million…now who the hell would want to farm with potatoes after that? and the worst of it all these freaks pay no taxes!!! (wtf!!)I’m in the wrong business! :’(