oops!

Ok, I’m bad, I know.

It is belated, but here is a little intro for myself:

My name is Angela, I have recently realised that I’m not the only skeptic on the planet and that there are actually a whole LOT of people who think the same way as I do. They are just way better at expressing it.

I work a day job which makes me want to gouge my eyes out (I’m a bookkeeper), try to wrangle my three year old son, spend my evenings studying freelance journalism and write my blog. I am just starting out at this so I need all the help I can get, that’s why I am here.

be gentle :slight_smile:

Pleased to meet you Angela. Let me be the first to welcome you.

I’m very excited to hear that you are studying freelance journalism … one more voice in the (overall non-sceptical) mainstream media promoting science and reason is never a bad thing. Did you listen to the latest SGU podcast about scepticism and science journalism in the mainstream media with Sharon Begley from Newsweek?

If you have I’d love to know what your opinion is on this being closer to the subject than most of us. If you find the time perhaps a blog entry? No pressure. :slight_smile:

James

Not a bad idea James, unfortunately tomorrow is my SGU download night so I will only be able to speak with authority after I have punished my bandwidth.

It is the SGU together with Micheal Shermer (of course) who really got my skepticism kick started and I decided to combine a lifelong itch to write with my daily incredulity - tadah! Freelance (skeptical) journalism!

I am busy working on something rather detailed right now, so stay tuned…

Please give a link to your blog.
I would like to read it.

Nevermind, I got it. ;D