Ozone Medizone

A good blog post on these irresponsible and misleading products:
The Cruelty of Pseudo-Science

For the millions of people afflicted with dread diseases (Cancer, AIDS, Heart attack, Stroke, Alzheimer’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes etc) and numerous other so called “ common ailments” (Asthma, Sinusitis, Arthritis, Rheumatism, Hay fever, Skin Disorders etc) the information contained in this website may astound them. It will also bring new hope in a world fraught with expensive medicines, countless therapies and treatments!

It is recommended that you read through the entire website in order to gain insight and true understanding of a “NEW THERAPY” known as OZONE TREATMENT otherwise known as SUPER-OXYGENATION

Good read, is it a forum member’s blog?

I hope so :wink:

I am now.

Hello all, thanks for the kind words - I now have a new place to post my debunkers to.
Stuart

You are most welcome :slight_smile:

Hello Stuart, and welcome to the forum.

It gets quite lonely in here now and then, and it helps at times to have a callused forehead. :wink:

You have indeed given us an interesting and informative read - thank you. In case you haven’t yet investigated the whole site, allow me to draw your attention to this, which is some related material you may find interesting. Perhaps bluegray V will move the thread into this sub-forum, where it would, I think, be better kept.

'Luthon64

I wrote a brief article on the ozone quackery some time ago. Thus far, it has earned me quite a bit of angry responses from true believers whose entire lives were turned around by this medical marvel. :wink:

You can read my rants against it here:

http://www.geocities.com/brianvds/skeptic/medzone.htm

I think Brian should concentrate more on fact than mere speculation regarding alternative forms of health care that has actually saved more lives than they would like to admit. The fact is functional medicine (ozone therapy) is the field of health care which focuses on the prevention, detection and effective treatment of body dysfunctions and nutrient deficiencies. The entire body is treated to enhance the Immune System’s efficiency by addressing a person’s lifestyle to ensure optimum health!

Why this shift?
Drugs are used to treat the symptoms of a medical condition or ailment. These symptoms are often the early warning signals of the body indicating that something is wrong! These symptoms can include headaches, nausea, back and joint pain, fatigue, memory loss, digestive and elimination disorders, allergies, dizziness, sleep disorders, stress (80% of all human illnesses are stress related), to name but a few! In addition to only treating the symptoms these allopathic drugs (all types of chemical medication)causes unpleasant (and dangerous) side effects (Look up “New Health Revelations”)

According to the 1988 Surgeon General’s Report On Nutrition and Health, 68% of all the deaths that occur in the Untied States each year are due to nutrition related diseases. However, a recent graduate from the University of Iowa Medical School complained that during their entire 7-year medical curriculum, medical students do not receive even 1 hour of study in nutrition!

Is Mainstream Medicine Missing the Mark?
Medical care is not bad… For traumatic injuries and other life-threatening emergencies, it is the best thing going. All too often it is just not appropriate or effective

In an article (publishes in the New England Journal of Medicine) the Chief of Staff at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine reported:

• The medical therapies they teach their medical students are appropriate for only 2% of the population and in addition to this, 80% of these therapies are still experimental! Further statistics reveal that 80% of people who go to M.D’s do not get better at all… Only 11% shows improvement and 9% actually get worse.

This is startling seen in the light of the fact that the Placebo Effect is considered to be better than 30%! The Placebo Effect is simply a means whereby suggestions works better. A patient is given a sugar pill and told it will help them… In a case such as this there is a reported 30% improvement rate as opposed to 11%!

Another article in the New England Journal of Medicine reported that the accuracy of traditional medical (allopathic) diagnosis less tan 25%… this means that more than 75% of the time the medical doctors diagnosis of a disease or condition (that the patient suffers from) was wrong!

More and more people are turning to the holistic approach of healing where their lifestyle is being taken into consideration regarding stress, diet, nutrition, exercise, environmental factors, etc.

The general public have become dissatisfied with taking drugs and medication (which only cover up the symptoms in stead of addressing the underlying cause of their medical condition or ailment!)

Evidence of this shift (from allopathic drugs to natural remedies) was reported in a study done by Harvard University (published in the New England Journal of Medicine) which showed that during 1990 there were 38 million more visits to alternative and holistic health practitioners than to regular medical doctors (at an average age fee of R100.00, this means that regular doctors in the USA lost +/- R3.8 Billion in consultation fees alone!)

(Research Done by - Dr. Kevin Mackay)

Numerous medical scientists and researchers have proved this OVER and OVER and today that believe that most diseases are caused due to a lack of oxygen in the body! In 1926 two time Nobel Prize Winner for Medicine, Dr Otto Warburg of the Kaizer Institute in Berlin, announced to the world his findings on his research on oxygen and cancer in the human body.

THE CAUSE OF ALL CANCER IS THE LACK OF OXYGEN AT A CELLULAR LEVEL IN THE BODY!

Supercharged oxygen (Ozone) has the ability to prevent cancer. If sufficient oxygen is provided to the cells so that it never drops below 40% the cells will stay healthy. This will bar the need for chemical or radiation poisoning. It is as simple (and difficult) as that. Many people today are using ozone generators to keep their cellular oxygen levels high in order to prevent disease.

What is ozone?
Ozone is a trivalent active form of oxygen. Simply put it is SUPERCHARGED OXYGEN!
Whereas oxygen (O2) has only 2 atoms per molecule, ozone (O3) has 3 atoms per molecule

Ozone therapy is the safest therapy ever!
In the history of Ozone only 40 cases of side effects and 4 cases of fatality have been recorded. An unbelievable 0.000007%!

Major effects of ozone on the human body as reported by Dr Frank Shallenberger:

1. Ozone stimulates the production of white blood cells
  2. Interferon levels are significantly increased.
  3. Ozone stimulates the production of Tumour Necrosis Factor
  4. Ozone stimulates the secretion of IL-2
  5. Ozone kills most bacteria at low concentrations
  6. Ozone is effective against all types of fungi
  7. Ozone fights viruses in a variety of ways
  8. Ozone is anti-Neoplastic
    This means that ozone inhibits the growth of new tissue because rapidly dividing cells shift their priorities away from producing the enzymes needed to protect themselves from the ozone. Cancer cells are rapidly dividing cells and are inhibited by ozone.
  9. Ozone oxidises arterial plaque
  10. Ozone increases the flexibility and elasticity of red blood cells
  11. ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle
  12. Ozone makes the anti-oxidant enzyme system more efficient
  13. Ozone degrades petrochemicals
    These chemicals have the potential to place a great burden on the immune system. They also worsen and even cause allergies and are detrimental to our long-term health.

The bottom line is that Ozone Therapy, handled properly, is a simple, safe and effective method to aid in the healing of the body! FACTS!

Oncologists and epidemiologists will be thrilled to learn of this universal cause of all cancer discovered 80+ years ago, as will most of the rest of humanity. Now molecular biologists just need to find a safe and effective method to deliver O3 to the cells without impairing them. Do you think bicycle pumps might come in handy?

'Luthon64

LOL, be gentle, its his first post :wink:
Although he most certainly deserves whatever he gets for posting such drivel ::slight_smile:

Just repeating the word fact does not make it so - check up on your claims, they hold no water. And how can ozone therapy (which only adds oxygen to the body) help with nutrient deficiencies as you claim?

To summarise the link that 'Luthon posted:
The body is more that capable of getting it’s own oxygen from your lungs. If it’s not, you will not be alive. The added oxygen from ozone therapy is very little compared to the oxygen intake from normal breathing.

From Oxygenation Therapy: Unproven Treatments for Cancer and AIDS:

Under normal conditions, hemoglobin in blood leaving the lungs is 98% saturated with oxygen. The hemoglobin in one liter of blood can carry about 200 ml of oxygen, and about 50 ml of this is extracted each time it passes through tissue capillaries. The metabolism of a normal 60 kg adult requires delivery of between 200 and 250 ml of oxygen each minute. Since the amount of hydrogen peroxide that is infused into a patient during one "oxidative therapy" session, yields a total of 100 ml of oxygen per day, the treatment can make no significant contribution ones oxygen requirements.
That is: 200 ml x 60 x 24 = 288000 ml needed per day 100ml = 0.035% of the oxygen needed per day

Take into account that ozone has the potency 3200 times that of normal oxygen, now recalculate your ‘findings’

Sorry, but I don’t know you very well ranger, is that a serious comment or a joke?

Let’s clear up the issue quickly, my facts have been proven over and over again by various leaders in the natural medical field, these are not jokes.

I understand that in any field there will be people who are for a certain thing, and those opposed to it. In my experience you will always find that those who gain the most will always be opposed to an alternative where there are lesser financial rewards.

Can anyone please explain the following:

[li]My friend had breast cancer, from which one of her breasts were removed (including the connecting lymph gland). For 3 years she suffered tremendously with fluid build-up and pain. No medical treatment seemed to ease or cure the problem, until an ozone therapist visited her, explaining the benefit of ozone and the benefit of a better day’s living. The therapist offered to treat her at his own time and cost, bearing in mind that he had to travel a 3 hour return trip 3 times per week. By the second visit my friend already told me she was feeling better and could move her arm with ease. The therapist went to great lenghts to obtain an ozone unit from his company and even subsidised the cost from his own finances. It has now been 6 weeks and my friend is off the medication and has no pain or discomfort, and the fluid build-up is totally under control as well.

I mean, even I being her friend, thought at the time that ozone was just a gimmick. Today I actually own my own system, and already have seen a difference in my daughter’s asthma.

I totally understand that most people who are used to allopathic drugs and conventional medical treatments, that are only aimed at treating symptoms, will be opposed to the idea of the huge breakthrough in natural healing and maintenace of health. Since 1926, huge advances have been made in ozone therapy and the application thereof to the human body. Positive medical research and results in this field has been achieved. It is a pity that organisations like the FDA in the USA still fight against the positive effect of ozone as a natural remedy. Although all of this research is publically documented for every person to read.

Is this because there is no repeat business once ozone has actually stop the advance of a large variety of illnesses, or relieved symptoms just as (or better than) prescribed allopathic medication?

To answer your question regarding ozone uptake and oxygen in your lungs, ozone is supercharged oxygen that is absorbed through the skin, and physically saturates the red blood cells. This in effect raises the oxygen content at a cellular level in the body. I agree that you will die without sufficient oxygen (bearing in mind that the whole world is dying of oxygen deficiency)(refer to global warming). Every year the oxygen levels are dropping…

The human body that has not been getting enough oxygen for a period of time, does not run efficiently and starts to “die”.

Good, then you will have no trouble providing this proof.

That is true. Ozone therapists will be opposed to anyone doubting the effectiveness of ozone therapy. I have no vested interest either way - except to get at the truth. You seem to have a vested interest in discarding this truth in favour of the idea that ozone is the end of all illness.

Anyone with a basic understanding of the respiratory system can see from this paragraph that you don’t understand much about it. Unless, you are a frog, you won’t take up much of any gas through your skin, “supercharged” or not.

So which is it? 3200 or 1.5 times?

Bottom line, if your blood is not already saturated with oxygen, there is something seriously wrong. You will need much more oxygen than the little ozone therapy can provide, and you will need it permanently. I urge you to read up on the subject before you make claims you cannot support.

It also belies a naïve if not wholly deficient knowledge of chemistry to think that because O2 is essential to life, O3 must somehow be even better because it consists of more oxygen atoms. The same elements combined in different ways and/or different proportions will produce chemicals that have different properties and therefore show different effects on the body.

'Luthon64

You seem to be missing the point here: Functional medicine is the field of health care which focuses on the prevention, detection and effective treatment of body dysfunctions and deficiencies. The entire body is treated to enhance the immune system’s efficiency by addressing a person’s lifestyle to ensure optimum health!

I do not only focus on the use of ozone therapy but while you keep harping on the topic, more people are turning to a holistic approach to healing where their lifestyle is being taken into consideration regarding stress, diet, nutrition, exercises (proper blood circulation), environmental factors, etc. The point is, the general public have become dissatisfied with taking drugs and medication (which only cover up the symptoms in stead of addressing the underlying cause of their medical condition or ailment).

I understand that you will do anything to protect allopathic medication, as you have been brought up to believe they are the only way to ensure better health. If you go the natural way of maintaining health, how can you make money out of supercharged oxygen (it’s natural and cheap and non profit!)

Can I use ozone therapy and still use my medication?
Yes, ozone is not incompatible with drugs. As Ozone therapy is continued and the body heals, medications may not be needed as ozone helps medication and supplements to be absorbed more easily by the body (oxidisation of the nutrient value)

Will I experience cleansing effects from ozone therapy, and if so, what kind of effects?
Since ozone is a cleanser and detoxifier it shakes up the tissues to loosen the toxins before destroying them. During this process one may feel achy and feverish, some people feel extremely tired and have headaches. Nausea is sometimes also experienced. Drinking plenty of water, preferably ozonated water, will give you relief. Slow detoxification takes longer but is extremely safe (see “Ozone and the body’s healing Crisis”)

How does the use of ozone compare with the use food grade hydrogen peroxide?
Both have a similar action. Hydrogen peroxide is not an aggressive oxidizer like ozone. Ozone and oxygen, during the process of their biochemical changes, produce Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). H2O2 is then broken down to H2O and O. O (the singlet oxygen atom) is the active oxidizer. Hydrogen Peroxide is useful as a catalyst to set off a cascade of healing processes, even though a diluted and a small amount of it are being infused. When the morbidity of the condition is severe zone therapy is the choice. Ozone pumped into an ozone bath changes into H2O2 which is taken up through the skin (refer back to your frog) and then dispersed into the tissues, muscles, cells, blood, etc.

Is the increased amount of oxygen which ozone therapy provides good for my body and what physical changes can I expect?
The extra oxygen that is available to the tissues during ozone therapy is very beneficial. Tissues that have only a marginal amount of oxygen available (to do their work) welcome extra oxygen. Tissues and organs that are starved for oxygen will grab the extra oxygen. Thus enabling them to function at their maximum efficiency making a person feel refreshed and rejuvenated.

How are oxygen therapies (EG Hyperbaric Oxygen) different to Ozone Therapy?
The various Oxygen therapies are very different modalities. The usual oxygen therapy makes a patient breathe pure oxygen. This is useful in (temporarily) providing extra oxygen to the tissues when the heart is not pumping adequately or the person is in shock, compromising the circulation. There are oxygen-breathing bars that crop up. Individuals spending time in densely polluted or smoky areas breathe pure oxygen for ten or fifteen minutes in a hyperbaric chamber to flush out the pollution. Oxygen (O2) can not be absorbed through the skin. In conditions individuals are exposed to oxygen under pressure in hyperbaric chambers. Oxygen under increased pressure penetrates the skin and reaches the tissue. Ozone injected into the tissues directly, destroys the organism causing the septicaemia and bacterial infection in burn cases. Ozone also provides extra oxygen, but more than what the hyperbaric method can supply. Individuals cannot be in a hyperbaric chamber more than two hours at a time and it is also very expensive. (An ozone bath in an extremely safe method for these people)

Can I receive too much Ozone?
If given by a trained technician using the set therapeutic windows, one cannot receive too much ozone. When the tissues are saturated with ozone the person receiving it gets a bout of tickling cough and may feel slight discomfort in the chest, immediately the therapist stops the treatment. With an ozone bath it is very unlikely that you can receive too much ozone. Enquire about the amount of ozone produced by ozone bath generators for safety. 0.05ppm is the accepted norm.

How well has ozone been tested?
Ozone has been used in medicine since the 50’s. Millions of treatments have been given with no deleterious side effects. Thousands of research studies have been published. (see “Ozone Therapy the Safest Therapy” and “The History of Ozone”) Maybe this will answer a lot of your questions regarding the legitimacy of ozone treatment.

Should a healthy person use ozone therapy?
Healthy persons should certainly use ozone therapy to maintain their health. Ozone baths regularly will keep the tissues cleansed and nourished; these two are fundamentals for a good and prolonged health. (!Quality of Life!)

Is ozonated water a valid form of therapy?
When water is ozonated and stored you get pure water to drink, a rare commodity in this day and age. Bubbling ozone in a glass of water and drinking the water immediately helps in the healing of mouth ulcers and sore throats. Ozone bath therapy in combination with other health therapies is excellent.

Can Ozone heal the deleterious effect of vaccines?
Vaccination and immunization is give to children and infants to produce antibodies in the blood to help the immune system to attack and destroy the specific organisms responsible for a specific disease. However, immunized people still do get the disease for which they have been immunized! Severe adverse results have occurred due to immunization. Some scientists think multiple vaccinations given to children weaken their immune system. They also think that mass inoculations are responsible for the increase in autoimmune diseases, degenerative conditions and allergies. It is logical that ozone will help in preventing deleterious results of vaccination. Ozone is an immune modulator.

Why are antibiotics prescribed for such a short time only? Can I use ozone while on antibiotics
Antibiotics can be bad for your system. Over a period of time they depress the immune system and destroy beneficial bacteria within the body. you will find that ozone itself will act as an antibiotic while enhancing your immune system and they can be used in conjunction with each other. (David Sterling)

Is ozone a ‘free radical’ (that is bad). Is this true?
Saul Pressman (Johns Hopkins Hospital) and W Forest in “The Story of Ozone” says the following:
"Free radicals are atoms with unpaired electrons, an unavoidable occurrence in biochemical reactions. There could be no life without free radicals. However, some are toxic to all living cells, others only to the most vulnerable cells.

Singlet oxygen (O1) is a highly reactive free radical that acts as a scavenger of other free radicals. The oxygen reacts with them to render them harmless, thereby protecting cells from damage. Healthy cells have an enzyme coating around them that protects them from the action of oxygen." He further states: “Disease microbes have no such coating and are therefore destroyed by oxygen. By this elegant mechanism, ozone distinguishes between friends and foes and attacks only invading pathogens, and cells that have been damaged and infected, thereby losing their (enzyme) coating. The so-called anti-oxidant enzymes are gaining in popularity as nutritional supplements. They are not anti-oxidant at all, but rather free radical scavengers and enzyme enhancers. They have been shown to help protect marginally healthy cells from general free radical damage. Superoxide dismutase in particular has helped reduce a variety of disorders; normally it is among the body’s most plentiful enzymes. However, prolonged use of supplements could tend to atrophy the internal biochemical processes that would normally be making those enzymes. In any case, it does not address the cause of the problem (which is oxygen starvation at cellular level), which causes the cells to be too weak to make the enzymes that protect them.”

Nothing wrong with that, all responsible health care practitioners try to do this.

Ozone therapy is the subject of this thread - if you want to discuss something else, start another topic…

Nothing wrong with a holistic approach, all responsible health care practitioners should take all factors into account. All responsible health care practitioners should also make sure that their treatment is effective.

As I said before, I have no interest either way, I am not protecting anything except the truth. It either works or it doesn’t.

Sometimes the natural way is not effective for serious illnesses. How much is one of those ozone baths anyway? Are you a ozone therapist, do you sell ozone therapy?

As for the rest of your post, it is full of unsupported claims, pseudo-science and a few unrelated facts to give the idea of credibility. While ozone therapy might be safe under controlled conditions, it has no proven benefit, you might as well have a glass of (regular) water and a relaxing bath. Which will also be cheaper I suspect…

With regards to my “unsupported” claims, I have been in close contact with a number of individuals who are using ozone therapy to remedy and/or maintain their health. In most all of the cases (including skin, musculo-skeletal, cardio-vascular, endocrine, respiratory, neurological, immune and digestive system, various infections, cancer and other conditions) there has been a marked improvement without the use of allopathic medication, or in a lesser case, in conjunction with it. This supports my claims totally with regards to ozone therapy and the positive effect thereof to the human system. I am working closely with a few of these patients and will shortly be supplying you with a list of references to support my claims.

Bearing this in mind, the ingredients to a healthy body:

• Water (Two thirds of the human body is made up of water, 90% lymph and 10% blood. If the importance of a substance by how long the body can do without it, water ranks as the most important. Umgeni Water in Durban uses only ozone to purify the drinking water)

• Nutrition (Essential nutrients must be obtained from food sources, because the body does not produce them. Essential nutrients need oxygen to oxidize them in order for them to be properly utilized in the body and ozone is supercharged oxygen.

• Exercise & Circulation (Exercise ensures better blood circulation which results in increased energy, increased metabolism, improved muscle tone, better health, stress reduction & improved self-esteem. The heart, being a muscle, needs exercise to function efficiently. Also take into account that 90% of the human body’s energy is derived from oxygen, and 10% from nutrients)

• Detox & Destress (80% of all human illnesses can be directly related to stress, as stress breaks down the immune system. Spending time relaxing and getting rid of toxins in the blood promotes a healthy life)

Fact!: Oxygen is the most important element in the human body! 10 000 years ago O2 content was 38%, 200 years ago O2 content in our atmosphere was over 30%. Today it is between 17 and 21%. For the body to function properly with all 4 the abovementioned benefits at the same time, we need more oxygen. So whatever you do now my friend, the fact is, without enough oxygen you loose valuable quality time and money.

Regarding having a relaxing bath with a glass of (normal) water, SABS studies (Food Microbiology Case Study 2425) proved that ozone completely eliminates pathogens. I am not alltogether against the use of allopathic drugs for medical care, as there are significant benefits in that as well. Personally I prefer not to use any of them, as I have experienced serious adverse effects due to prescribed chemical medication.

So what is the difference between this quote and Homeopathic woo-woo sayings?