Place to stay in Joburg

Hey Jo’burg people - I need to ask a favour. My daughter just landed an awesome job as subeditor for Living & Loving magazine. (Yay M, way to go girl) She starts on Monday (1 November). The offices are in Craighall Park. Since we don’t know anyone in Jo’ies (we are from behind the Boerewors Curtain in Pta) I was wondering if any of you know of a place she can stay for a few days, close to Craighall Park, until she can find a place to rent.

Please send me a PM if you can help or have any ideas (we are currently checking the Junkmail for cottages to rent but it’s all very expensive and we’re not sure if we can find a place by the weekend).

Congratulations! How old is the young lady and does she drive? Its cheaper to live a bit further out in one of the suburbs and do a bit of a commute. In the meantime, try some of the guest houses in the area.

Thanks. Monique will be 22 in November and she drives a Toyota Tazz 1.3 - old but reliable like her Dad.

Suburbs and commute is what we have in mind, but guest houses are WAY out of our league. My gig laptop was stolen last week and the event has crippled me financially so we cannot afford very much at the moment. Next month the situation may be different but until then we are buggered. I was thinking more along the lines of someone’s couch - someone we can trust (like one of our family here at Skeptic.za). Daddy wants to let go of daughter as she ventures forth, but Daddy is still concerned for daughter’s safety.

i live moer and gone. and my couch is full of cat and dog fluff, dont think she would like that.
cant really think of anyone in that area.

Lemme throw out a net to a few trusted friends and colleagues, see what I can come up with. First I need to go google exactly where Craighall park is… :-\

Thanks Ladies.