Quotes

Can we quote you on that?

Now that’s a rather thickskinned request. Surely you were not expecting to quote wow… random…© free of charge?

Crumbly
Carl Sagan

I thought if I get in fast…

you made a funny… ::slight_smile:

I often get letters, quite frequently, from people who say how they like the programs a lot, but I never give credit to the almighty power that created nature, to which I reply and say, “Well, it’s funny that the people, when they say that this is of the almighty, always quote beautiful things, they always quote orchids and hummingbirds and butterflies and roses.” But I always have to think too of a little boy sitting on the banks of a river in west Africa who has a worm boring through his eyeball, turning him blind before he’s five years old, and I reply and say, “Well presumably the god you speak about created the worm as well,” and now, I find that baffling to credit a merciful god with that action, and therefore it seems to me safer to show things that I know to be truth, truthful and factual, and allow people to make up their own minds about the moralities of this thing, or indeed the theology of this thing."
written by David Attenborough:

The populations, indeed, know how to read and write, but they don't know how to think, and they are the easy victims of the wretched impostors on all the 'ologies and 'isms who swarm over the region, and subsist by lecturing on subjects which the innate vices of mankind induce them to accept with eagerness, while they assume the garb of philosophical abstractions to cover their nastiness in deference to a contemptible and universal hypocrisy.
Russell, William Howard, The Civil War in America

I am part of the sun as my eye is part of me. That I am part of the earth my feet know perfectly, and my blood is part of the sea. There is not any part of me that is alone and absolute except my mind, and we shall find that the mind has no existence by itself, it is only the glitter of the sun on the surfaces of the water. –

D. H. Lawrence

Beethoven composed nine symphonies. Then he decomposed.

Whao, imagine Hayden’s coffin.

I imagine him taking a lozenge for that.

Who invented the brush they put next to the toilet? That thing hurts! - Andy Andrews

Andy needs dentures.

This makes criminals of a lot of crackpots.

Why does Para. (f) not apply equally to priests, dominees, ministers and other religious mumbo-jumbo peddlers!? After all, they claim to know how, by occult means (suitable incantations), one’s innocence may be recovered after it was stolen by sin, and their gain is souls…

'Luthon64

And they wonder why we download stuff for free from Kickass torrents.

Remember '70 and '80 downloads? We taped the songs off the radio (Springbok Hit Parade) and hoped the DJ would not talk over the song.

Yup. Casy Kasem’s American Top 40…