Religous holidays - debate

Maybe it’s implied in Heritage Day.

Rigil

No inequality there, though:

Females can look forward to Womens’ day and Mother’s day.

Similarly, several gentlemen also have their two festive days: Father’s day and the Afrikaans version, Paasfees.

Rigil

We already have that in the form of National Braai Day. :slight_smile:

I’m sure that flower website is sending in it’s lawyers right now.

The holiday so nice, we do it all year 'round.

4.Remove ageist and sexist holidays, or make them equitable. If we must have "womens' day", then we must have a "mens' day" as well,

Don’t forget Steak and Blowjob day.

Same goes for "yoof day"--where the hell is "old farts' day"?

Old farts are retired, they don’t need holidays. :smiley:

Speak for yourself. Bad investment decisions mean I’ll be in harness till I’m 90…And the yoof are unemployed–they don’t need holidays, either.

was pondering my own possible demise in this respect just this morning… I’ve got a couple years to go, but as matters stand right now the probability of retiring seems remote. I can always kill off the S/O, life insurance is handy, but I’m rather attached to the man and would rather be poor than without him… :confused:

How wonderfully sociopathic of you. I would’ve gone with “but killing is wrong”.

Nah, just sentimental, I’ll bet. All chicks are like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rigil

Nah, I’m an atheist, I’ve got morals.

Well, the asininity has started.

'Luthon64

It’s going to be fun to watch them wage holy Jihad on one another. I have taken a solemn vow not to get dragged into any of it, but to simply observe the drama.

Hey, perhaps we should take bets on who is going to win: Crusaders or Jihadists? >:D

Or perhaps we should insist on FSM day? >:D >:D

Heh, the thing to do here is to troll them by switching sides regularly just to keep the pot boiling. And we can add to the controversy and confusion by pointing out to them that Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday celebrate pagan (Nordic and Germanic) deities, so they’re partial to particular religions too and should be changed.

Yes, but first we must consult the colander to select a suitable day… ::slight_smile:

'Luthon64

That might put a strain on negotiations.

R.

… and another addition to the catalogue of whimsy: SA's 'Westernised' calendar questioned | News24

The Large Hadron Colander?

Oh please for pasta’s sake, don’t do it! In this country things only get renamed to struggle stalwarts. The last thing we need is “thursday” to be replaced by something more eloquent like “Chris Hani day”.

Makes you taste the pasta before it’s even left your plate!

Hmm, in that case we should also petition for renaming weekdays after pasta types: Macaroniday, Cannelloniday, Lasagneday, Fettucciniday, Gnocchiday, Fusilliday and Vermicelliday. Holidays will be collectively known as spaghettidays and named after sauces: Carbonaraday, Arrabiataday, Bologneseday, Pappardelleday and so on.

'Luthon64

It would certainly help towards what to cook for supper every day as well…

I’m making this my sig.