SA a country of God - Zuma

I read this post about the speech to the at the National Presidential Religious Leaders conference by our potenitial future president. I have heard discussions about him being a chameleon and changing colour depending on who he is speaking to, saying the things that the audience would want to hear - I really hope that is the case here!

"When all of us take office in government... we raise our right hand and indeed pronounce... so help me God. I believe no-one can argue South Africa is not based on the principles of God," said Zuma.
I beg to differ on that last sentence and am grateful that that is not true!
He said the workings of God [Wasn't specigic about which one!] were present during the Nicholson judgment.
This comment from the Eastern Cape representative is particularly disturbing - I would have hoped that the workings of the legal system, the Constitution and reason were present?

ok, lets put Zuma into context here,

1. he is a politician.

From the devil’s Dictionary: POLITICIAN, n. An eel in the fundamental mud upon which the superstructure of organized society is reared. When we wriggles he mistakes the agitation of his tail for the trembling of the edifice. As compared with the statesman, he suffers the disadvantage of being alive.

engaging in polotics : POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

1. He is speaking to religious leaders.
    … …

He did the same thing the other day when speaking at a business conference and said “The ANC will not be dictated to or change policies because of communists and trade unionists” or something very close to that.

He basically said the exact opposite when he got his alliance partners, COSATU and the CP to back him in the ANC debacle.

Poli = many
Tick = blood sucking insect

Politics = many blood sucking insects

oh, and the problem with speeches is no one can tell where the damn punctuation marks are

“I believe no-one can argue South Africa is not based on the principles of God,” said Zuma.

will probably be explained as

“I believe no-one can argue, South Africa is not based on the principles of God,” said Zuma.

should he ever address an atheist leadership group.

Really? And where exactly does it say that?

Whose god? What principles?

Well, there goes one chunk of separation of church and state. Conveniently, it is replaced by a clear demonstration of these religious leaders’ real concerns. Pity that they keep getting so confused over the secular vs. spiritual thing.

What an immaculately conceived notion: the ANC being a newborn baby in need of midwifery, delivery and protection. Pity that the reality is somewhat different. Their charge is something of a headstrong bully.

Meanwhile, this god proves to be a somewhat ham-fisted landlord and maintenance labourer.

'Luthon64

And the quibbling about the important issues of the running of the country continue…

Now Zuma, ok the Zuma fund, wants to improve the bible. I thought the bible was god’s word, he guided the people who wrote / typed / translated the words. With Zuma involved one wonders what the spin would be.

It gets an 11th commandment, Thou shalt not mistrust thine leader, and every instance of Jesus (of Nazareth) gets replaced by Jacob (of Nkandla).

'Luthon64

“And verily he said onto them: Pay the emperor and his massive family their dues and then some. For I giveth thee eTolls to show thine love thricely”

I didn’t know Zuma had a foundation, but if I were the Pope, I’d be careful. Before you know, the Vatican will be bankrupt, and Nkandla grown even bigger.