Sam Harris: Science can answer moral questions [split]

No, I’ll leave that to you.

Yes, that would explain why it’s you alone hounding me… ::slight_smile:

’Nother fact is, you’re desperate for validation. Prate on, MacTeleological.

It isn’t.

No.

Two reasons: (a) it’s you pushing for it, and (b) it would be entirely lost on you.

No, you don’t think, full stop.

And still the message fails to penetrate. :-*

'Luthon64

Greeaat, more evasion ::)… Come now muffles, surely you can do better than that… How about a little constructiveness now :-*.

And no, a thread where you discuss materialism won’t be lost on me :wink:

Whatever you say, Pumpkin. Whatever you say. Feel free to carry on wasting your time, but I must ask: Have you considered starting your own debt collection business? I’ve no doubts that you’d do very, very well at it. People would pay good money just to see the back of you. Now there’s a materialist conception for ya…

'Luthon64

So what?

Having lunch, gatvlieg?

And can you spell... toady?
No, thanks for showing me
And btw, do you even care that muffles is a materialist, despite her having no clue (or limited anyway) what it entails...
Oh my, now I always thought the forum member who wants to discuss a topic introduces it. That means that if you want a debate on materialism, [i]you[/i] take the lead and first express [i]your[/i] understanding of it. We can then debate your views on the topic, should we wish. Don't you think that is a fair way of conducting yourself on a forum?

Stop trying to justify her evasion ::). She had ample opportunities to discuss it and show some understanding. She did not, yet continues to make use of “materialism” and “materialistic concept of reality” without having a clue what she is talking about.

Don’t worry, I have seen it before… how people accuse others of evasion or lack of understanding, but when these people are asked to be a bit constructive and show their understanding, they fold like a stack of cards and evade it with all kinds of cute insults. Sad really.

And where did you get the conceited notion that Mefiante is obliged to write you an essay on materialism? If you want to discuss the topic, why don’t you display your alleged superior understanding of the topic? Hint: if you are keen to find out what materialism is, you can start by asking somebody how to Google.

Yeah Hermes, don’t you see? We all need affirmation every now and then to make us feel valued. And when no one gives it to us in spite of all our pushy prompting and provocative prodding, we just have to give it to ourselves.

'Luthon64

How ironic that someone with such void Meatloaf repetitiveness can call on one to “be a bit constructive”.

Well, all you do is quote-mine and plagiarise the work of others while never responding to any requests for you to explain your own understanding in your own words. I doubt if you can. Sad really.

Thanks for moving this crap here. ;D

Materialist: someone who believes in real stuff as opposed to made-up shit.