Some more rubbish e-mails..

If I have to read this shit, then so can you…

Eating Fruit on an empty stomach Dr Stephen Mak treats terminal ill cancer patients by "un-orthodox" way and many patients recovered. He explains: before he is using solar energy to clear the illnesses of his patients. He believes on natural healing in the body against illnesses. See the article below.

Letter to original email writer:

Dear Shereen,
Thanks for the email on fruits and juices. It is one of the strategies to heal cancer. As of late, my success rate in curing cancer is about 80%. Cancer patients shouldn’t die. The cure for cancer is already found. It is whether you believe it or not. I am sorry for the hundreds of cancer patients who die under the conventional treatments.

Thanks and God bless.
Dr Stephen Mak

EATING FRUIT…

We all think eating fruits means just buying fruits, cutting it and just popping it into our mouths. It’s not as easy as you think. It’s important to know how and when to eat.

What is the correct way of eating fruits?

IT MEANS NOT EATING FRUITS AFTER YOUR MEALS! * FRUITS SHOULD BE EATEN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.
If you eat fruit like that, it will play a major role to detoxify your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities.

FRUIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD. Let’s say you eat two slices of bread and then a slice of fruit. The slice of fruit is ready to go straight through the stomach into the intestines, but it is prevented from doing so.

In the meantime the whole meal rots and ferments and turns to acid. The minute the fruit comes into contact with the food in the stomach and digestive juices, the entire mass of food begins to spoil…

So please eat your fruits on an empty stomach or before your meals! You have heard people complaining — every time I eat watermelon I burp, when I eat durian my stomach bloats up, when I eat a banana I feel like running to the toilet, etc — actually all this will not arise if you eat the fruit on an empty stomach. The fruit mixes with the putrefying other food and produces gas and hence you will bloat!

Graying hair, balding, nervous outburst, and dark circles under the eyes all these will NOT happen if you take fruits on an empty stomach.

There is no such thing as some fruits, like orange and lemon are acidic, because all fruits become alkaline in our body, according to Dr. Herbert Shelton who did research on this matter. If you have mastered the correct way of eating fruits, you have the Secret of beauty, longevity, health, energy, happiness and normal weight.

When you need to drink fruit juice - drink only fresh fruit juice, NOT from the cans. Don’t even drink juice that has been heated up. Don’t eat cooked fruits because you don’t get the nutrients at all. You only get to taste. Cooking destroys all the vitamins.

But eating a whole fruit is better than drinking the juice. If you should drink the juice, drink it mouthful by mouthful slowly, because you must let it mix with your saliva before swallowing it. You can go on a 3-day fruit fast to cleanse your body. Just eat fruits and drink fruit juice throughout the 3 days and you will be surprised when your friends tell you how radiant you look!

Drinking Cold water after a meal = Cancer! Can u believe this?? For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this ‘sludge’ reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

I took the liberty to shorten it.

Amazing how much of this rubbish I receive simply because:

“I was thinking of your Mom, and maybe this will help”

So now you’re faced with good intentions and an in-box full of woo.
One just cannot win.

sweet mother of god.
i read halfway through, and was ready to stab my eye with a pen.
what people will believe…

Faerie, As you may know I’ve been there and got the T-shirt. I think there is an element of truth in a diet that removes/lowers the acidic levels of our systems. The kak that Mak is spouting is typical of someone who is ripping people off and professes to know and claim 80% success… bullshit.

HOWEVER I went on a very strict diet of carrot & cranberry juice, beetroot (I hate it!) etc, (no meat, no p-nuts, no wine or any alcohol etc) for 6 weeks before I had the radical prostatectomy which was successful. The diet cannot cure cancer, it has a similar effect as in my case, oestrogen hormones which put the cancer in stasis. I am convinced that the diet had slowed the growth and defined the tumour better, hence the successful op.

If you don’t mind (I know the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but I don’t believe in hell so what the hell),I’m going to give you the email address of a very good friend of mine who had a double mastectomy years ago. She was a prof of Psych in UCT and was dying after chemo etc. She then went onto a diet of I am not sure whatever…and she’s still alive today…maybe the diet had nothing to do with it, but I can attest to it that when I saw her again she was a different person! Her name is Rita and her email is [email protected]

I know one gets desperate in these circumstances (like a nutter telling me on Saturday whose wife is dying of stomach cancer, that he is spending R16 000 on a machine that pumps ozone into her lungs to cure the cancer (wtf!!) but common sense must prevail. And without sounding negative, if all else fails quality of life is key to a person’s last days.

you know brian, when you put it like that, i would allso pull every stop i know and can if my other half were ill. so, as far as its woo-ness, if you love someone, you will try any gadget and miracle cream if there is even an inkling of hope.

Thanks Brian, I appreciate the advice, although I probably wont take up the offer. My mom is woo-beneuk, which is one of the reasons I simply wont introduce anything aside of the rigid medical treatments to her, she’ll go moggy otherwise. The cancer itself isnt really the main issue here (she’s now done with all the therapies and we’ll know in December whether she’s in remission). I had to throw “well-meaning” family members off my property in January because they pitched up there with a horde of fundies to “lay hands” on her - on condition she stops all treatment. Then in Feb, I travelled all the way to Pta to have a heart to heart with another aunt of mine who sent her a package of homeopathic medicines which also cautioned her to stop all other therapies. She’s following a prescribed diet her doctor gave her, so I believe she’s getting in the right stuff to sustain her body correctly, and she only lost about 5kg whilst doing the chemo - so I’m pretty happy with that.

Would you really GCG? I’m different here, I’ve made peace with the fact that my Dad’s decision to refuse all treatment, and although he’s fading away before us, I can respect it, as much as I can respect my Mom for suffering through the chemo and radiation treatment. Maybe I’m just cynical, but I dont really believe in hope when it comes to illness, its either going to be fixed, or its not, and I will not prolong any suffering in my loved ones with woo. I love them, but I will not confuse my love for them with selfishness - I’ve seen too many people suffering for months without end simply because their family refuse to allow them to die in dignity (if there really is such a thing). One of my Mom’s friends are in final stages of cancer, she’s hardly lucid but they’ve got her hooked up to a feeding tube at home to “make sure she eats”, to what purpose? she’s in pain, she’s not able to contribute anything anymore, she’s suffering because her family doesnt want her to die and most importantly - SHE made the decision not to eat, she wants to die, said so in as many words. Thats not fair.

Anyway, this is a rather morbid way to start my day, so I’ll leave it at that.

if it’s a case if someone that is ill, and they want to die, of course i can respect that.
but, say, my boyfriend gets a disease, and he wants to fight it, then i will pull each and every stop to help him. from modern medicine, to any woo out there, even if i dont believe it will work, it might just flick a mental switch that might change the course of the illness.
ofcourse, when all is said and done, and the person has accepted that death is imminent, and they just want to pass away quietly, i can totally understand and respect that. even if it hurts like hell, and i can maybe still see a way out, i can accept that.

but if there is hope, and we can both see that there is a fight worth fighting, i will try everything, twice, even if only for a placebo effect.