Why atheism will replace religion

As much as the Pride March is a celebration, its allso a statement of defiance. men walk hand in hand, girls kiss each other. in general public, die guys would be beat up, and the girls harrased. fact of life.
and many, many people, who are not lesbian/gay/bi-sexual/transgender/intersexed go there too, to show support, and show pride in their friends/relatives or just for the cause.
i dont see churches standing there with a sign saying that they support the gay lifestyle. maybe if we, as sceptics, do, it might gain us some support, of not agreement, from the gay community.
when things go pearshaped, the gays and the non-believers get equal amounts of flack from the woos, so we can just as well stand together for the common goal of freedom to be what the hell you want to be.

Seems us atheists just don’t get caught! ;D

Like the Linux supporters (kinda) found out, you have to be careful what you claim and wish for in this instance. Linux is well known for security, but it does seem that the more it’s used, the more the cracks start to show and the initial claims were a bit over-zealous in their nature. (Don’t get uppity Linux folk, it’s all I run at work and I LOVE linux, but facts remain facts)

The article on prisons points out that it seems that the “higher educated” are less likely to be involved in crime (a little self explanatory…), but also that they’re more likely to be atheists. The rub here is that we’re made up largely of a group already known to have low crime rates. The unwashed masses are religious, and also largely uneducated (given usual exceptions), this seeeems to go hand in hand. However, should we wish to “replace religion with atheism”, then we may be in for a far different picture. In that case, WE may end up having the worse statistic.

Yeah one of the great things about Linux is that it has few, but very competent users. As it becomes more popular there probably will be more viruses, security issues etc.

Well, that is assuming we can replace religion with atheism without raising the level of education more generally. Hmm, we probably need smarter cops too, educated criminals are the ones we really need to catch.

LOVE this post. Nice one BM. Anyway - my girlfriend is taking me and my son down to the South Coast for a holiday so I will be off the grid for a week. Gonna miss you guys :cry: