12 Days to Christ! OGOD court case

In about 12 Days time it’s finally happening, after almost a decade the case is finally going to court.

I just made a donation to Ogod - the banking details is on their facebook group and I confirmed my payment with Hans.

I was actually planning on paying for membership for FSI… but it looks like nobody’e home… no paypal, no newsletters for this year, nothing, just basically a dormant site…

Pity.

But the ogod case is very exciting and hopefully something to look forward to.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for thinking of an FSI donation. There are people home, but too few of them to feel comfortable receiving membership dues, as I don’t believe we’ll be able to do enough to justify that, in the short-term. I’m still active in my personal capacity, and certainly hope to reinvigorate the organisation at a future point, but it would need to be as more of a full-time endeavour, which isn’t possible at present.

Does anybody have any info on any developments?

Waiting for the court’s decision.

According to the OGOD Facebook page, the verdict is expected tomorrow. If so, the court was much quicker about the task than this skeptic assumed it would be.

Rigil

There we go!.

Christ O’God, huh? I didn’t know the Messiah is Irish…

OMG!!! Haha LOL so happy this Schools can't promote any specific religion

I haven’t heard such good news in ages. Years, even. Congratulations!!!

If you ever needed any proof that the people at the helm of Solidariteit are insane liars incapable of common decency I give to you:

The praise of god and of solidarity in the comments is TRULY vomit inspiring. Fok my.

I’m surprised this post is in and of itself not illegal as a gross misrepresentation of OGOD’s entire case and of the verdict subsequently rendered.

Jesue Christ and Mary.

I am truly so, so, so absolutely STOKED about this. OGOD’s sheer GUTS and tenacity to pursue this… I literally jumped for joy when I saw the news.[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt] I JUST WANT TO KEEP WRITING IN BIG RED LETTERS ABOUT HOW HAPPY I AM ABOUT THIS!!! [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]AND USE ZILLIONS OF EXCLAMATIONS MARKS [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]!!![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Sorry, it’s a bit childish, I’ll pipe down now. But it has absolutely made my day for the next several weeks.

And here’s another article:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/schools-should-not-adopt-one-religion-to-the-exclusion-of-others-judge-20170628

Not sure it will necessarily make much of a difference to what happens in practice at schools. Thus far the government has shown itself to be utterly hopeless at enforcing any laws or rules.

In any event, I have become so virulently anti-school that I don’t really give a shit one way or the other. :slight_smile:

AHEM!

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a wonderful judgement but much like Brian, and thanks to the misinformation being spread by Solidariteit as above… I really think some schools are going to take this and wipe their butts with it. I suspect there is going to have to be some more court action in the future for this to be properly applied.

I doubt anyone will bother to drag a school in front of a court. If they do, the kid involved will immediately be the target of a massive bullying campaign. I’m not sure it’s worth it. But then, if I had any children, they would never see the inside of a school. As I said above, it’s one of those things where I actually don’t really give a shit one way or the other. The system is so thoroughly broken that prayer in school is the least of our problems. :slight_smile:

Wat se die ou nou eintlik? Die laaste reply?

Sez Dave Backer: “I believe that there are state Muslim and Buddhist schools.”

Not anymore, there ain’t! :slight_smile:

No idea what he means with last comment.

Looks like he is supportive?

I can’t figure him out here. He is a known Xtian.

That sounds terrible! ;D