Amazing stuff caught on video

This video might be a fake but I don’t know. The story that it is a fake does’t sound strong to me apart from that it is not a Golden Eagle.

They certainly had me fooled.

By this afternoon, the pranksters came forward to take a bow: The "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design. The video shows a royal eagle snatching a young kid while he plays under the watch of his dad. The eagle then drops the kid a few feet away. Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards. The workshop appears to actually specialize in creating hoaxes, so it's probably a safe bet that the video's creators have earned themselves an "A": The production simulation workshop class, offered in fifth semester, aims to produce creative projects according to industry production and quality standards while developing team work skills. Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme. So there you have it. It was fun while it lasted.

It’s akshuelly quite awesome from a creative PoV as well as impact. And I’m sure they had fun doing it! Glad however that they’ve owned up and didn’t try to cover up or make bucks from it.

There you go not one thing in that video had my skeptical sense tingling. Just shows how good
they can fake things today.

The only red light was the oke saying “shit” in a strong German accent. People invariably make involuntary exclamations in their own language, so if this were real he would be much more likely to say “scheiße”.

My bliksem, ek dink jy’s reg! :smiley:

When I studied way back in the 14th century, I had a botany lecturer who inadvertently taught me something similar. He spoke perfect Afrikaans and English, and I never realized German was his home language until he one day had to count a number of items, and I heard him counting under his breath in German.

I realized then that it is the same with me: if I have to rapidly count things I virtually HAVE to do so in Afrikaans. :slight_smile:

I’ll report on the swearing issue next time I accidentally hit my thumb with a hammer :slight_smile:

Would you like some help with that? :wink:

'Luthon64

Do you mean hitting your thumbs simultaneously?

No, with the “accidentally” part… >:D

'Luthon64

I’ll admit I bought it. I had doubts but after stepping through it slowly came to the conclusion that it looked real enough.

But I have to say I do sometimes swear in surprise in english instead of afrikaans.

One gets used to your mileu… I found after about a year of living/working around english folk exclusively I could barely speak afrikaans to my folks anymore. It was frightening how quickly I got to the point of “having to think” for the right afrikaans word when I could summon up the english one instantly.

We’re both in the same boat.

I married a Rooinek and bad as my English is, it is better than her Afrikaans, and so our home language is English. Now, 22 years later, I dream in it. My grandfather was fighting them at Colenso in the Boer war - he must have turned in his grave!

Is his grave at Colenso, or did he survive?

I wonder if the contestants in The amazing race are selected for their religious affiliations. I have never heard one exclaiming: “Oh my nawthing!”

My Great Great Grandfather and Great Grandfather both thought the in the Boer war and where both on St Helena.
But my Grand Father married and English girl, so I always wondered if there where some family issues.

He survived. He must have been young then, he went on to Zuid Wes Afrika in WW1 against the Germans, came back, (I’ve got the medals to prove it) married at 42 and here I am. No way can I fill those boots.