E-Cigs finally shown to be definitively bad.

After a lot of vague accusations and back-and-forth rhetoric over the last years regarding electronic cigarettes researchers at Harvard have found the smoking gun (pun intended).

According to the study, 75 percent of flavored e-cigarettes and their refill liquids were found to contain Diacetyl, "a flavoring chemical linked to cases of severe respiratory disease" such as the incurable condition called "Popcorn Lung."

According to Harvard, the condition otherwise known as bronchiolitis obliterans was “colloquially termed “Popcorn Lung” because it first appeared in workers who inhaled artificial butter flavor in microwave popcorn processing facilities.”

But despite the name of the disease, there is absolutely nothing savory about it. Popcorn Lung is a debilitating and irreversible respiratory disease which causes “scarring in tiny air sacs in the lungs that lead to excessive coughing and shortness of breath” similar to that seen in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Thank the gods I didn’t just replace my natural nicotine habit with an artificial one. There is a growing youth culture around “Mods”, customizable and over-the-top vapourizers and various flavours. I’ve read several articles claiming that the “cheap chinese” e-cigs are dangerous but the Mods are safe. This will hopefully blow that notion out the water…

But I know what you’re thinking… BUTTER FLAVOURED POPCORN CAN KILL ME?!

Only if it’s artificial butter. And probably especially Chinese artificial butter. :slight_smile:

But you’re a sceptic, you know Occam’s Razor. Stop smoking!

I understand, which is why I said “butter flavoured”. I make “normal” popcorn with real butter all the time. Delish. But not so good for the bottom line.

I did, quite a while ago. :slight_smile:

I did, quite a while ago. Smiley
Great. 0:)