EMDR

Tonight my ignorance of alternative therapies have once again stepped to the fore. I revel in being ignorant of bullshit in general as my head is already cluttered with enough “alternative” therapies to last a couple lifetimes.

The S/O and I decided to see a therapist together to assist with the post traumatic fallout we experienced with the batshitcrazy female nazi who harrassed us into moving to a new postcode a couple years back. Go search for the threads if you are remotely interested.

Anyhoes, our first session a few weeks back went well with the expected results which talk therapy generally produce and we made an excellent comeback on the issues we experienced. Tonight was session number two (as well as the final one) as the man halfway through the session grabbed a model of the brain and started blathering about left and right side brain function, trauma and how EDMR would be just the thing for the two of us. Well, this little show was just the thing hubs and I needed to reconnect our relationship, considering hubs having a masters in micro biology and Im a skeptical psychowhatsisname…

Anyway, this wonderful device aids you by way of holding two vibrators (for true) and recalibrates your visual memory whilst you move your eyes left to right rapidly. I guess he might be speaking the truth because my eyes when sharp right and hubs did a boggle left durring this prattling and we had to keep ourselves under control considering we were paying this man for wasting our time.

Anyway, if you are interested to explore, here is a start off linky for your convenience…