Face palm worthy

Thanks!

All I got was 3 likes. |-O

That’s, like, disappointing. Perhaps you have too many FB friends. My rule on FB is this: I only “friend” people who are actually friends of me in real life. Otherwise the feed gets too long and its quality goes way down.

This was a reply on the local rag page. Hofmeyer is, of course, a hero out here and I thought I’ll be buried in comments (telling me what a wonderful person he is). Up to 8 likes this morning.

Dying to get into this http://www.evernote.com/l/AOuukpPVegBGHrsAiy0PVr23H6rZeELnGaQ/ but can’t. This is on my Sterre Kyk FB page and there I am just the guy next door.

You really shouldn’t … Although, you have to wonder… what would happen if someone were to point out that the Koran says you shouldn’t have any gods but Allah, and that Yahweh is the false god?

I’m just being silly, the Koran is obviously the wrong one.

as far as I can remember (read it some years ago) the Qu’ran does say so: will check the reference or Surah

The fathomless ignorance on display there concerning Buddhism is indeed facepalm-worthy. For starters, Buddhism is mute on the question of deities, considering these to be so far beyond human comprehension that silence thereon is the only worthy response. The Buddha himself is not considered to be any kind of god; rather, he is the ideal way for humans to strive to be. Buddhism is one of the very few religious orientations that doesn’t insist on exclusivity. According to Buddhism’s tenets, there is nothing preventing a person being a Buddhist and practising Christian at the same time. It’s the other religions that strain under their own respective exclusivity yokes.

'Luthon64

Fuck the Po-leece (and other government officials too).

I’m rapidly running out of palms and faces…

The article to which the lady refers is this one:

It disturbs her profoundly that American teens may convert to radical Islam, but apparently it’s okay if they convert to radical Christianity. :slight_smile:

Besides which, my shiny new deluxe irony meter just asploded when I read the bits about “radical and delusionary beliefs” and “so humble.” :o

'Luthon64

How dare young people [have different beliefs/listen to different music/dress differently/have any fun whatsoever], this is obviously the end of life as we know it! Death! Pestilence! And it's all because [things changed] and now they're [different in any way]! GET OFF MY LAWN!

And yet, the most consistently awesome thing about religion is how contradictory they can be. Why, just this morning I was treated to this “good news.

Bias much Christians?