Fashion

At what point can we say a fashion article is ridiculous? I am talking about men’s fashion, women’s is completely different animal. Look back at '70 pictures and anybody would agree that the bell bottoms were just that - ridiculous. It is my son’s Matric farewell tonight and those shoes. These long pointy things. I fear for his safety, he is going to trip over everything!

I have no idea, but to me the “brown period” is the most puzzling thing. It seems in the 70’s everything was brown/orange. But somehow in that zeitgeist everyone thought it was awesome. I can usually grok the fashion of other eras, but the brown thing is just ugly.

But then, I think we’re all just ridiculously impressionable as kids. For some reason we all think the music in “our time” (when we were impressionable) was the best to be had and “These damn kids listen to crap!”.

Ditto on fashion.

Yes I just implied that my opinion of 70’s fashion is highly subjective.

Weren’t they ever! I’m thankful every morning after spiking my mullet and donning my black stovepipe jeans and Docs that those terrible 70’s stuff are long gone. Good riddance.

Jasper Carrott on age and fashion etc.

Rigil

Those pointy things give me the heebie-jeebies. And it is ever more difficult to get hold of ANY shoes that don’t have those points. I’m going to start going barefoot.

Going barefoot may have a point, but it’s not a very sharp thing to do.

Ow, my sole! Pick me some winkles, hush my puppies, pump my brogues, heel my sandals and mocca my sins if that isn’t a booty call for footsie-footsie.

'Luthon64

Well, pardon me for being so blunt about it…

But I don’t want to look like Donald Trump (in fairness, I couldn’t get my hair that way even if I tried - I don’t have access to Area 51).

;D :smiley:

Not wanting to look like the Donald is quite understandable, but going barefoot may be a thorny issue and somewhat tacky to boot. If it does not behoove you, you may have to toe the line.

Well, I’m not sure you have a leg to stand on here, and you are missing your target by many feet. I predict you’ll flip-flop on this issue, or turn on your heel. ;D

Ow, my sole! Pick me some winkles, hush my puppies, pump my brogues, heel my sandals and mocca my sins if that isn’t a booty call for footsie-footsie. 'Luthon64
I'm a poet and I don't know it. Mefiante = Bob Dylan

I think you’re all just on a which-hunt, eager to stamp out any individuality whilst trampling the free expression of others!

Those pointy things are better than crocks… although, I admit, I also find them quite horrible, especially when they’ve been worn a while, those points tend to curl up like a Elf’s slippers, they only need a little bell at the point, and the points are scruffed and scratched after the first wear, and if the fashion conscious wearer are of a lazy nature and doesnt polish it out, it looks like hand-me-downs.

I wish it was such a simple shoe-in — but thanks no less! :-*

'Luthon64