Fax

My little business use one of these “Fax to Email” services. You get a number and when somebody fax to that number it gets converted to email and it ends up in your inbox. How do I find out where my number’s email go to? I can’t remember the company I signed up with and there are quite a few of them. Most of them have no contact details, only the signup page.
We stopped receiving faxes, although people tell us they’ve sent it, plus I have reason to believe that the faxes go to my competition. Twice now I was told that the school we were doing business with received a call from them a few minutes after they send a fax to us. Coincidence? Maybe once but twice? And we did not receive said faxes from the schools. I am not on friendly terms with my competition. These are people that worked for me but started their own setup even though their (signed) employment contracts said they could not do so.

Send a fax to yourself? Make it a good one, about a nice fat deal.

Got hold of the company where the number is kept, and they assure me that is is only our email associated with it. We also now get faxes again but I am not convinced. Maybe you must put me in the loony conspiracy bin.

It can’t hurt to send yourself a fax every 6 weeks or so. “From” someone requesting specific services/goods (not sure what business you’re in) and specifying that the reply should follow a particular process (with you setting up checks along the way).

If the fax service is a free service, I wouldn’t put you in the loony bin just yet. TANSTAAFL - even more valid now than ever before. You and your data are commodities.