Forum bugs

Bluegray, why does the frame in which I post start to jump up and down when the content is larger than the frame itself? This is frustrating as I cannot see what I’m writing…I use the slide-thingy on the side but as soon as I write it starts to jump again.

That sounds similar to this problem:
http://forum.skeptic.za.org/forum-related/recent-website-problems/msg6287/#msg6287

Are you using IE8?

yes, I’ll try your solution to cyghost
Thanks

sigh IE again… :wink:
Anyone else still having problems? Don’t have IE8 to test myself.

Hmm, forum acting up again? Got this twice today:

http://forum.skeptic.za.org/forum-related/forum-bugs/?action=dlattach;attach=403

'Luthon64

I also got it, had a chuckle at the “gone away” where to I wonder? To get a Latte at the coffee bar perhaps?

Silicon purgatory, it seems. And it’s just done it again. Twice:

http://forum.skeptic.za.org/forum-related/forum-bugs/?action=dlattach;attach=407

'Luthon64

According to the host, it’s because of high server loads (not us, another site on the same server). They are looking onto it. Luckily I only got one of these errors yesterday, today seems fine…

PS.Luthon, could you please blur the server details out of the screenshots (already edited the previous ones). Not critical, but will make me feel less paranoid :wink:

Okay, I’ll do that going forward. I didn’t realise it was a niggle. But remember: just because you’re paranoid, that doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you and your server… :stuck_out_tongue:

'Luthon64

lol, congratulations on your 1500th post btw!!! 8) 8) :o

:wink: Help! Help! GCG is caught in the ShoutBox! She’s been there since 16:02:44 yesterday! :wink:

'Luthon64

Been getting this with increasing frequency lately:

508 Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Also, this consistently whenever attaching a file, regardless how small:

An Error Has Occurred!

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

'Luthon64

The upload folder size was increased, so the latter should be resolved now. As for the first, it might have been a temporary issue with the hosting - please let me know if it continues, as I haven’t been able to reproduce this error.

On the front page the “Hot Topics” dates are displayed as unix timestamps.

Doesn’t really bother me, just noticed it.

When I click ‘Post’ I get a blank page. When I go back [alt-leftarrow] and click ‘Post’ again I get a message telling me I’ve already posted that comment. Email notifications of new posts in subscribed threads also broken.

Same thing has been going on for a few weeks. I just reopen the site every time after posting by clicking on the SA flag faves icon on my browsers ribbon on top. Luckily that doesn’t disappear with the rest of the screen.

I frequently get an HTTP 500 error (internal server error) after clicking “Post”. The posting itself actually succeeds and will be seen after reloading the page. “Preview” and “Modify [message]” work fine, though.

'Luthon64

There is an issue with the script that posts updates to twitter. It should be fixed now, or rather, it shouldn’t return an error to the forum if something goes wrong.

Thanks. :-*

We’ll be sure to whine about it again should sumfink break… :wink:

'Luthon64