From NHI election promises to dagga an homeopathy...

Pravin Gordan yesterday kept bringing up the national development plan and paid lip service to the national health insurance plan, saying it will be discussed in parliament, who knows, maybe in the next century or so… was this just a ploy to keep the radicals at bay, almost everyone agrees that the speech didn’t deliver any surprises. I also liked the little butt kicking he gave Malema when he warned that the populist promises won’t give rise to a better future.

In other news the IFP plans to legalise Dagga for “medical purposes” Redirecting... which would be perfectly fine with me, but now it seems they also want to take homeopathy to a whole new level, initially I thought the following article would give more protection to consumers by making us more informed with the over-the-counter medicines we buy, but it seems it’s really aimed at putting homeopathy and traditional medicines on par with actual medicine as the complementary medicines are defines specifically with a focus on these pseudo-medicines. Redirecting...

My interpretation is that the Medicines and Related Substances Act requires alternative medication to be identified as such and that the labelling must carry a warning that the substance has not been evaluated for safety or efficacy. It would be easy enough to put a little sticker to that effect on the packaging - the industry is dragging its feet.

Oh man, I feel a case of glaucoma coming on. I think I’ve got it real bad, I need some medicine.

I need to go through to the kitchen to pour myself a homeopathic beer! :smiley: