Galileo was wrong

That’s right everyone, there is still woo around saying that the earth is the center of the universe. And they’re having a conference! Yay!

Galileo Was Wrong is a detailed and comprehensive treatment of the scientific evidence supporting Geocentrism, the academic belief that the Earth is immobile in the center of the universe. Garnering scientific information from physics, astrophysics, astronomy and other sciences, Galileo Was Wrong shows that the debate between Galileo and the Catholic Church was much more than a difference of opinion about the interpretation of Scripture.

Scientific evidence available to us within the last 100 years that was not available during Galileo’s confrontation shows that the Church’s position on the immobility of the Earth is not only scientifically supportable, but it is the most stable model of the universe and the one which best answers all the evidence we see in the cosmos.

Shall we nominate a delegate to attend this august conference…nominations anyone??? >:D

Oh Jesus and Mary, I feel an epicycle coming on… ::slight_smile:

'Luthon64

epic facepalm.
we need an emoticon for a facedesk.

fecedesk or a faecie-desk? lol I can imagine what it would look like.

beat your head to a bloody, shitty pulp

rofl…

If you think this conference is bad, check out the results of this 1999 poll.

I nearly fell off my chair when I read this. And yes, it is from 1999, not 1499.

In summary:
18% of Americans believed that the sun revolves around the earth. (18% !!!)
Similar result were obtained in Germany and Britain in 1996.

I’d like to think the survey was done at preschools but it wasn’t.

Jesus wept.

PS: you have to love the optimistic take on it - Four-fifths know earth revolves around sun.

When I realise that I have done someting STUPID !! I tend to describe myself as “a Charter Member of the Flat Earth Society”. Sometimes when I use this in conversation I am asked “Rally, Can I also join?”
;D

Jesus wept.

Great cartoon. Reminds me of a chef friend of mine who went to Israel for a holiday and came back with some samples of cheese. He called them “Cheeses of Nazareth”.

Holy shit! (literally) How farkin’ stupid must you be?

Here’s a bit of scientific method.

Hypothesis: The earth is at the center of the universe.
Test: If hypothesis is correct, EMR doppler shift from visible stars would be nonexistent or uniform regardless of declination/right ascension.
Actual observation: Doppler shift indicates red/blue cycle (from individual star’s baseline) with a period of one earth year.
Conclusion:
a) The earth is NOT at the center of the universe, or
b) The earth is at the center of the universe, with EVERYTHING ELSE in the universe having the sun as it’s center, while the sun rotates around the earth.

Suuuure. Option b is soooo compelling. ::slight_smile:

i hear you gogtjop. science FTW

Can you imagine trying to reason with these guys…not worth the effort I guess (wtf!!)

These Geocentrists are all a bunch of fools, I’d like to point you to a series of videos made by a Youtuber called NephilimFree. The first video can be found here. Since this guy first came to the Youtube scene there has been an almost constant battle between him and some of the more free thinking producers on that site.

Again I’ll use Mr Sagan in my response, he said, in his book called Pale Blue Dot, that anyone who still believes that the universe revolves around this world is merely blinded by their own arrogance. They are too arrogant to see that they are as significant as “a mote of dust in the morning sky”. I’ve obviously paraphrased that but his words ring true.

It sounds odd to hear scholars and statesmen say the world is flat; but it is a fact that three Boers favored by the opinion of President Kruger prepared a work to support that contention. While I was at Durban they came from Pretoria to obtain data from me, and they seemed annoyed when I told them that they could not prove it by my experience. With the advice to call up some ghost of the dark ages for research, I went ashore, and left these three wise men poring over the Spray's track on a chart of the world, which, however, proved nothing to them, for it was on Mercator's projection, and behold, it was "flat." The next morning I met one of the party in a clergyman's garb, carrying a large Bible, not different from the one I had read. He tackled me, saying, "If you respect the Word of God, you must admit that the world is flat." "If the Word of God stands on a flat world--" I began. "What!" cried he, losing himself in a passion, and making as if he would run me through with an assagai. "What!" he shouted in astonishment and rage, while I jumped aside to dodge the imaginary weapon. Had this good but misguided fanatic been armed with a real weapon, the crew of the Spray would have died a martyr there and then. The next day, seeing him across the street, I bowed and made curves with my hands. He responded with a level, swimming movement of his hands, meaning "the world is flat." A pamphlet by these Transvaal geographers, made up of arguments from sources high and low to prove their theory, was mailed to me before I sailed from Africa on my last stretch around the globe. Joshua Slocum