Human origins anyone??

Hi all,

Let me first say that this is my first post here and i’m glad to have found this site.

Anyways, I’ve recently read a book called Slave Species of god - by Michael Tellinger, a South African writer. This book is very fascinating and moved me very much in the sense of alternative thinking and religious flaws. It basically covers a variety of subjects such as our obsession with gold, where the actual cradle of humanity is and furthermore extra terrestrial god like beings who created us for the sole purpose of mining gold on earth in order to aid their dying planet. It is hugely based on Sumerian tablets collected and translated by Zecharia Sitchin.

I would very much like to read your views on this, so if anyone has heard of or read the book please give me your opinion on this. Thanx!!

I haven’t read the Michael Tellinger book you mention, but if he cites Zecharia Sitchin as an authoritative source, there’s a very high probability that it’s nonsense. A South African predecessor seems to be Wayne Herschel who argues that humans came to Earth some 17,250 years ago from a distant planet near the Pleiades (see this thread for more on this).

Herschel also relies on people like Sitchin, Hancock, Beauval, Berlitz, von Däniken, etc., as “reliable sources.” I have read Herschel’s book and it’s a load of fanciful hogwash. However, I will keep my eyes peeled for the Tellinger book with a view to reading, and perhaps critiquing, it.

'Luthon64

Has anyone read this book yet? Would love to hear what you think!!

Cmon!

Also didn’t read the book but “extra terrestrial god like beings who created us for the sole purpose of mining gold on earth in order to aid their dying planet” should get the brain cells working. How can our mining activities here on earth aid them? We mine the gold and keep it here on earth. Most if it in Fort Knox I believe and sadly not in my save at home.

Well we keep the gold now, but back then, according to the author’s theory it was shipped to their planet and basically used to repair their disappearing atmosphere. Gold having a very dense structure when sort of evaporated.

The book also explains that they altered the first walking ape’s genes with theirs to create a slave species (us) to toll in the mines.

And you want people to read this book?

I did look for the book once or twice at Exclusive Books and Estoril, but not finding it, I forgot about it. Call me prejudiced, but given the above, I won’t be wasting my time and money.

Sorry.

'Luthon64

The author is flogging said book here

In Slave Species of god, Michael Tellinger takes his readers on a remarkable odyssey of the true origins of humankind in which he:

draws clear and startling analogies between new discoveries in genetic engineering and ancient archaeological finds?
highlights emerging scientific information overlooked in the past?
unravels the Bible?s often obscure stories by linking these to their original forms in Sumerian clay tablets and other prehistoric writings?
provides explicit answers to why our modern world has become so senseless and chaotic by revealing the very secrets of our prehistory?

Also, see his bio here.

Michael Tellinger describes himself as a "closet scientist" and "serial entrepreneur" with a passion for the cosmos and pushing the boundaries of knowledge. He is a writer and performer by heart – scientist by calling.

I don’t need to buy the book to know that he is more entrepreneur than scientist.

I think you’re being far too gentle! George Noory’s Coast-to-Coast AM is to accurate, reliable reporting as a shoelace is to scanning electron microscopy.

'Luthon64

And you want people to read this book?

I did look for the book once or twice at Exclusive Books and Estoril, but not finding it, I forgot about it. Call me prejudiced, but given the above, I won’t be wasting my time and money.

Sorry.

Fair enough

Just found a review by Neil Kennard-Davis, with reader comments on the 01 and the Universe blog.

I have read Michael Tellinger’s book. It does harp a bit in the middle section on the old testiment of the bible but apart from this it is completely plausible. All those god fearing freaks must realise that it deals with the developement of the biological human form only. It is a pity that these aliens presented themselves as gods, but mind you, can you think of a better way to control. If one reads the old testiment as a history book it makes a lot more sense.

For all those that opose the ideas based on religeous ideals all i can say is “shame you are wasting your intelligence and free will”

I am yet another opinionated poster who admits to not having read the book. :-[

But the question I’d like to pose is why, Peter H, you find Tellinger’s book “completely plausible”? Could you provide evidence for why you find the hypothesis plausible?

This claim by Tellinger sounds like a testable one. This I like. Tellinger has claimed that the hypothesis is one of a biological nature, specifically the hypothesis seeks to address the question of the origin of humans. Was there a problem with the existing theory of evolution?

As it is claimed to be a biological subject, do you think that genome research could reveal to us the areas of the genome which were not inherited from ancestral apes but rather were inherited from the Anunnaki race? Once we isolate it, could we breed pure Anunnaki so that we may lay our eyes on them? If we do not find such evidence, does that weaken Tellinger’s point or are there other explanations for the lack of evidence which might still hold true in his hypothesis?

I ask this because genomicists can do (almost unimaginable) things like reconstructing the genome of extinct ancestors from modern descendants.

Oh yes, and by the way, welcome to the forum Peter H :). We are always happy to find new members who are interested in debate.

James