Hydro

With the high price of fuel they are going to get a lot of customers.

Hydrogen Generators 24 August Water is comprised of two Atoms of Hydrogen and one Atom of Oxygen. Five litres of water contains approximately 6800 litres of HHO (Hydrogen and Oxygen commonly referred to as hydroxyl or Ox hydrogen. The typical vehicle will see a dramatic increase in Km/L's with between 1/2 liter and 3/4 of a liter of HHO per liter of engine size. So a 5.0 liter engine (gas or diesel) will need between 2.5 and 3.75 litres of HHO per minute. Gains on your vehicles will vary based on the engine’s size, the amount of HHO, climate as well as how well your vehicle accepts the HHO. 2Like · · Share

The only thing is to get the (cheap) hydrogen. This is somebody who joined my astronomy facebook. Install a hydrogen generator in your car and save on fuel! As far as I know it takes quite a lot to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen so I don’t think so.

Redirecting... I can’t make much sense of what he/she is trying to get across. One claim that stuck me as odd is that no carbon is emitted by the engine (presumably in the form of CO2). Surely this can only be the case if the engine runs purely on hydrogen.*

Anyway, here is some more on what appears to be a sister process. http://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/energy-news/?page_id=927

• ETA: seems they do mean elemental carbon (soot) after all. The claim is that hydrogen helps all the gasoline react completely, instead of being charred. Hmmm.

Like virtually all the other “green” and “fuel-saving” solutions, it’s a scam. Cheap hydrogen? Not unless they’ve got a pipeline to the Sun or another star. It takes a lot of energy to separate water into its constituent atoms, even with the best catalysis, and the Second Law of Thermodynamics prohibits this energy being recovered with 100% efficiency. Not only that, internal combustion engines don’t really like hydrogen that much because of its volatility and high combustion temperature.

If it was that simple, car manufacturers, with their billion-dollar design and innovation budgets, would be doing it. But of course it’s a conspiracy by Big Auto and Big Oil.

'Luthon64

I think people who fell for this thinks “now there is this device in my car and therefore I will save fuel”. Subconsusly they change their driving styles. I keep track of my fuel consumption, and if I drive in a hurry I get 14.8 km to a liter (Corsa diesel). Once I had to go from Komatipoort to Musina and I drove trough the Kruger (3 days) and here I got 20.4 km/l. A few years ago somebody tried to sell me a magnet that clamps onto the fuel line that “magnetise the carbon atoms” and this would save me 40%. He showed me testimonials of a few people in town but of course no double blind tests.