I feel at home already.

Hi everyone, I am a Boertjie from Pretoria. I am clean of religion for 8 years now and have never felt the urge to fall back since then.
I grew up in a very religious, very far-right environment that consumed me beyond reason. At the age of 20, the multiracial, multi-religious vibe of Tuks got hold of me and I discovered the human science department in the library. The rest can be figured out.

Thank you so much for creating this forum. I really appreciate it.

O, and by the way, I enjoyed the ‘Skeptics in the pub -Joburg’ last night. It was great fun.

Hi Du Preez, and welcome to the house! ;D

Mintaka

Provocative title. I like it, given the context and your AA-esque message. :wink:

Heartily welcome!

'Luthon64

So there IS hope for the Afrikaner… :wink:

welcome!!!

Pta seems to be waking up! Welcome Boet.

Same here, and I maintain that it cannot be held against us - welcome here, looking forward to the boertjie-views…

oy! I represent that comment!

Welkom hier by ons, Du Preez.

welkom ou. altyd lekker om nog 'n sinner in ons midde in te verwelkom :wink:

Hallo daar,

Goed om te sien daar is afrikaanse mense wat hulle breine gebruik!!

Groete

Hallo Du Preez en welkom. Moet jou nie steur aan die klomp verwaande souties wat dink hulle is beter as ons nie - jy sal nog sien watse kak hulle pos! :wink:

jy weet natuurlik wat 'n ‘soutie’ is…een voet in the mother country en een voet in SA…die res hang in die see! ;D

Maar net omdat “soutie” die verkorting is ;D

Afrikaans skeptics FTW!

Van my chat met DuPreez by SITP is dit baie duidelik dat hy uit nog 'n meer donker gat van dogmatisme as ek gekruip het en ek het nie gedink dis moontlik nie. - Asof ek gedink het daars 'n sekere punt waarna 'n mens se brein verewig toe sal wees vir sinvolle gesprek (soos die ver-regses) - Ek het niks maar respek vir jou dude. Jy gee my hoop. Welkom.

Hey Du Preez, it was great to meet you at SITP, even though I had to leave early (sorry everyone, but it was SOOO worth it, by the way). You seem like an awesome guy, to have shaken off the heavy shackles of the far right religion and still come out the other end a proud Afrikaner - takes some serious guts boet.

Great to have you on board.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your welcomes. This forum is really going to spice up my cyber career.

Yeah… some intelligent content - as opposed to kak facebook etc etc.

Looking fwd to chatting