Introducing myself

Hi everyone,
I’m late in introducing myself, sorry |-O
I’m 47 going on 12 yrs of age; married and live in Alberton along with assorted cats, budgies, stepsons and the in-laws nearby. I’m a secretary to a fuddy duddy boss at a big company in Braamfontein and commuting every day thru this loathesome traffic is my daily challenge besides trying to stay awake at work of course. Love reading, Stephen King, Terry Pratchett and a whole string of authors in fact I’ll read anything if it looks interesting; I jealously hoard my favourite books and drag them out once in a while to re-read them. Love music, art, the outdoors, motorbiking with hubby (but not in winter!) and I love entertaining. However, my martinis are lethal and friends and family for some reason are not to keen to drink them… I read too many MAD magazines when I was a kid and am sure that is why I have such a warped sense of humour. Might also explain why I have a pathological dislike of religious nutters/do-gooders and anyone stupid enough to engage me in a conversation about God and judgement day. Which is why I am really happy to have stumbled across this site, it’s great!

Hi JoanA Arc, welcome. If you like MAD magazine, you should like this forum as well.

Mad magazines should be compulsory reading at school

What EXACTLY are you insinuating here???

;D

Anyways, welcome JoanA, odd that we should meet like this, considering we were aware of each other for at least the last 8 years…

Surely that MAD magazine is a distinguished and honourable publication.

Welcome JoanA.

In the old days they were. Maybe it’s me but I don’t like them anymore. My so loves them though.
Welcome JounA Arc

Don Martin was a genius.

amen brother

Welcome JoanA Arc: may your spirits inbibe us all to be MAD

Hiya JoanA Arc and welcome! ;D

I lived in Alberton for three months early last year. Reminded me of Venice. Has it dried out yet?

Mintaka

Alberton has (finally) dried up but as I live on a hillside can’t say I am too bothered - watching the water rush to the hapless suburbs below us is quite interesting. As you can gather, I am a very concerned citizen. Survival of the fittest and smartest, I say.

You forgot “highest.” >:D

'Luthon64

Yes, you’re quite correct Mefiante, thanks for the reminder. I did forget that “highest” is smartest for the fittest. Or fittest for the smartest. Stop me before I hurt myself