Memory and extraction thereof

I’d google this, but not sure what to google, I dont have the words to do so.

Had a chat to my son’s school teacher, who mentioned to me that people extract memories and facts from their minds in different manners. It makes sense to me since I myself “think” in pictures and associations and have great difficulty in thinking on my feet, I need to think about stuff before I can respond coherently. Its not necessary about the lack of knowledge, I KNOW the answer to a question, but always need to think a moment about it, so I always seem to hesitate, its annoying at times.

My S/O again can extract facts from his mind in seconds, regardless of the complexity of the question or task at hand.

So who can tell me more or guide me to some sites that has some info for me on this?

seems, from what i’ve read so far, that it might have something to do with left/righ brain dominanace. one being more dominant in one kind of reasoning than the other. could it allso be a male/female thing?

I’ve benefitted greatly by following the methods at www. … www… …ah … uhm… er …

Mintaka

LOL Mintaka. ;D As a stoner I usually forget what it was I was trying to remember, so it doesn’t really bother me as much.

I don’t think it’s a female thing. I find it easy to respond to things on websites because I have a moment to think about them. In real life, I SUCK at responding to people “in the moment”. I just seem to take a moment to retrieve knowledge and form a sentence. In my opinion, I seem pretty dof IRL to most people.

I have a theory though, it’s because I DO think before I speak, I don’t just let words run out my mouth unfiltered.

I feel the same, and I become annoyed with myself because I KNOW the bloody answer or have in-depth knowledge on a subject, but the bloody facts just wont cut corners and get to my mouth. Then come 2am the next morning, and I can orate to an audience about the subject…

I have a theory though, it's because I DO think before I speak, I don't just let words run out my mouth unfiltered.
This is generally the only good thing about it....