Mobile phone number suspended after three users die in 10 years

A mobile phone company has suspended the number 0888 888 888 – after every single person assigned to it died in the last 10 years. The first owner Vladimir Grashnov – the former CEO of Bulgarian mobile phone company Mobitel which issued the number – died of cancer in 2001 aged just 48.

Despite a spotless business record there were persistent rumours that his cancer had been caused by a business rival using radioactive poisoning.

The number then passed to Bulgarian mafia boss, Konstantin Dimitrov, who was gunned down in 2003 by a lone assassin in the Netherlands during a trip to inspect his £500 million drug smuggling empire.

Dimitrov, who died aged 31, had the mobile with him when he was shot while eating out with a model.

Russian mafia bosses – jealous of his drug smuggling operation – were said to have been behind the killing.

The phone number then passed to Konstantin Dishliev, a crooked businessman, who was gunned down outside an Indian restaurant in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia after taking over the jinxed line.

Dishliev, an estate agent, had secretly been running a massive cocaine trafficking operation before his assassination in 2005.

He died after £130 million of the drug was intercepted by police on its way into the country from Colombia.

Since then, the number is understood to have been dormant while police maintained an open file on Dishliev’s killing and his smuggling ring.

Now phone bosses are said to have suspended the number for good. Callers now get a recorded message saying the phone is “outside network coverage.”

A Mobitel spokesman would only say: “We have no comment to make. We won’t discuss individual numbers.”

Cool number–I’d take it like a flash were it available here. Seriously, if you issue a number to gangsters and the terminally ill don’t be surprised when they croak, just don’t blame it on the number, rather think of other things. This curse crap comes up again and again. Did you know that every single person who ever bought a brand new model-T Ford is dead? OMG, stay clear of them Fords, hey, unless you’re feeling suicidal.

Yup. It’s the ol’ “correlation vs. causation” fallacy again. Christians love this one too: “I prayed for money today and won this competition, therefore, I won the competition because I prayed.” Okay - so you ONLY prayed for money on that day, and no other day? Nobody else prayed to win the competition? A phone number used by gangsters is cursed and causing their deaths? Get real! People are soooo gullible.

LOL! I wonder how many other “fatal numbers” there are?

The irony is that 888 is actually the number of Christ the Messiah. You often see 888 on people’s personalized number plates and on bumper stickers. And 777 is the number of Jesus the Man. And 666, as we know, is the number of the beast. Interesting thing about 666 is that the earliest Biblical manuscripts now available to scholars have shown that the original number in Revelation was 616, and the later scribes copied it wrong - heheHEH.

Funny thing is: numbers don’t really exist, as such. They are just mathematical models we use to describe certain things. The same with God - He doesn’t really exist, He’s just a religious model used to define existence. Ah the credulous - we will always have them with us SIGH

i actually saw a thing is discovery a while ago, that 666 refers to nero. when old what’s his face sat in his cave in exile (as loony as a bat too), he wrote to the christian people, and his letters were put into revelations. and that those letters were referring to how the xtians must defeat and romans and nero, and whatever else. and all the letters are written in code, so that the letters wont be read and intercepted.
so, the whole revelations, has got buggerall to do with the end of time at all.
how correct this program was, im not sure, but it makes sense to me.

I’ve heard this “code” theory too. Some scholars came up with the idea that the early Essenian Jews (who later became the Christians) were outlawed and wrote to each other using a kind of code. For example, when Jesus “walked on water” he was actually performing a ritual reserved only for the high priest and all the stories in the NT are just analogies. This theory would be fine if the characters in the NT actually existed, but there is now enough evidence to suggest that a man called “Jesus” never existed and neither did any of his 12 disciples. The evidence is pretty conclusive so scholars have put that debate aside now as being pretty much decided: there never was a man called Jesus the Christ, and none of his disciples existed either.

And the original number of the beast was 616, not 666. Heheh.

My house number is 333. Does that make me a semi-beast? A centaur, perhaps?

Christians will off cause never admit that their story was copied from the myths of Horus of Egypt, Mithra, Sungod of Persia, Prometheus of Greece and Krishna of India!
I’ve very diplomatically forward info on above to a woo-hoo, hoped something would light up between his ears, just to receive an email today: “Fwd: FW: One Door Closes…Another Opens… Pass this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME} .
You will receive a miracle tomorrow!

I HOPE that you don’t ignore
(wtf!!) They’re freekin stuck in their ways! They would also find an explanation and answer on why the 666
can also be seen as a 616 or what the heck eva!

i generally copy them a dvd of Zeitgeist, and let them connect the dots for themselves.

I don’t know whether you’ve seen it, but Bill Maher’s excellent movie Religulous addresses your point as well as may others and basically rips all religions a new one. It can be downloaded here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3791007322683758535#

Its a hoot and well worth the large download (Especially if you have seen the light and migrated to an uncapped ISP)

Still a classic piece of numerological apparel, ;D

http://www.zazzle.com/668_neighbor_of_the_beast_tshirt-235071451234716100

Mintaka

Hehhehehhe. My Coke nearly left me via the nose! Funny!

Sorry St0nes, in order to be half a beast you would have to be 308 because the original number of the beast was 616 (later copiers got it wrong - and society have been on an erroneous 666 frenzy because of a typo).