Moses was high

Academic (and heretic apparent) Benny Shannon also claimed Moses was high when he received the Ten Commandments. Whether or not you want to subscribe to Shannon’s specific theory, it isn’t a stretch to say whoever was penning the Torah was high – frequently. Here’s an excerpt from the crossing of the red sea in Exodus:

Then the angel…moved and went behind them, and the pillar of cloud moved from before them and stood behind them… And there was the cloud and the darkness. And it lit up the night without one coming near the other all night…and the Lord drove the sea back by a strong east wind all night and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

Smacks of a serious amount of modern pot-smoking if you ask me.

Article reminds me of a scene from “Robin Hood: Men in tights”:

[Blinkin, a blind man, is manning a lookout post]
Robin Hood: Blinkin, what are you doing up there?
Blinkin: Guessing!

EDIT: Of course, my main theory is that the so-called prophets were actually just insane.

So the passage wherein Moses encounters God through a burning bush was not all that far fetched after all? 8)

Once he inhaled some of the smoke coming off the bush, yes. But it wasn’t the God of Judaism he saw. It was Haile Selassie. :slight_smile:

You mean to say Moses was a basket case?

… or maybe just drunk. After all, he was found motherless in the rushes.

'Luthon64

That’s exactly the idea I wanted to float.

LOL! ;D ;D ;D

I’m not convinced those stone tablets he took were prescribed either.

Must’ve been something in the water.

… took a while to sink in.

In that case I think it’d be wise of me to point out that the pun in my previous post was a double pun. Think about it…