Movies

Movie?
Character name?
Actress name?

Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

Who’s this (Character, movie & actor)?

http://forum.skeptic.za.org/fun/movies-3029/?action=dlattach;attach=1121

'Luthon64

Jocob’s Ladder. Can’t remember the character’s name but he was one of the doctors I think.

Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
Correct. With Jack Nicolsen back when he was thirty something.

Can’t remember his name either, but if memory serves he was a chiropractor. Thus, a doctor only if you define that term rather broadly. :slight_smile:

That was a great movie, I must watch it again, but with the Pirate Bay down, it’s a bit of a problem to get the movie again. Will try Kickass.

Yup, it’s Danny Aiello as chiropractor Louis in Jacob’s Ladder.

Now for something slightly trickier:

http://forum.skeptic.za.org/fun/movies-3029/?action=dlattach;attach=1123

(Hint: A better-known version of the movie was made about 15 years later under a different title featuring an actor whose name has become associated with this character.)

'Luthon64

Brian Cox as Hannibal Lecktor in the film Manhunter. No idea why they had to change the spelling of his surname for this version of the novel Red Dragon, but there you go. The far more well known version of this character is of course the one played by Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, and again in Hannibal.

Let’s see what everyone does with this one:

Hello Clarice ;), correct & well done. Manhunter was later remade as Red Dragon. BTW, congratulations on your 1000th.

If I’m not mistaken, that’s Andrea Martin as Liz Butsky in Wag the Dog. (Confession: I had to Google the actress’ name.)

This?

http://forum.skeptic.za.org/fun/movies-3029/?action=dlattach;attach=1125

'Luthon64

Wag the dog it is, but it’s Kirsten Dunst, as an actress playing a faked Albanian peasant. Wag the dog, incidentally, tells you more about contemporary politics than many a thick tome on political “science.” :slight_smile:

Another one of my all time favorite movies.

Oopsie, seems I got my characters confuzzled. :-[

Tweefo: That’s Robert Shaw as Lonnegan in The Sting.

See my previous post for the next one.

'Luthon64

Strange how the mind work. Downloaded Jocob’s Ladder and watched it again. I recodniced the chiropractor on Mefiante’s post straight away and knew the movie’s name, but watching it again, it is not at all how I remember the story.

Quote Quiz, name the movie #NoGoogle: “That’s it man! Game over man, game over!”

Dunno how many folks will get the reference, but this has made it’s way into the internet meme halls, despite being from an older release. The bonus is it comes with an hilariously horrible peace of acting.

It’s from “Aliens,” after the drop ship that is supposed to come pick them up crashes. Now they’re in deep shit because… “They mostly come at night. Mostly.” :slight_smile:

Next quote: “I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me. But it’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world.”

Lester Burnam (Kevin Spacey) in American Beauty. Explanation skipped due to spoilers. But then, if you haven’t seen this movie, you are a criminal. Yes I’ve seen it once to hundred times or so.

I believe it’s been decriminalised. Even in the midst of the Great American Beauty Neglectors’ Persecution of '99, my cousin got off scot-free. At the time she was a committed science fiction geek, and her counsel successfully argued that if you’ve seen one spacey movie, you’ve seen 'em all.

Rigil

:o

Even in the midst of the [i]Great American Beauty Neglectors' Persecution[/i]

Never forget.

... if you've seen one spacey movie, you've seen 'em all.

:smiley:

In Blade Runner, the TV screen is a chunky box and Harrison Ford use a pay phone, not a cell phone. This is the future? The flying cars are cool though, could find a use for one. The flying billboard not so cool. Slowly working my way through some old movies again. |-O