My book on the shelf

Aren’t you the guy that tells other people they do not understand intentionality and never actually explain in your own words what you understand it to be… yes yes, you are lol… Better read that book again so show you can do it with a little more style next time. :wink:

Ag my bad about the argument from reason. I think I am going to do what you guys do best and give a link (try google and wiki for a start though and check out the infidels article) so you can read up a bit without me needing to give you a bum explanation you know. Although I think this argument is really not that difficult to understand for me to give an explanation really. And it is not like we have not discussed the argument before over at good old MyBB in the “Arguments for the existence of God” thread.

Oh the irony…

So you have read about the argument cyghost? Wow amazing, you too do not nee dan explanation from me since we are all on the same page now. Isn’t it wonderful when you are being constructive hey?

The Enchanted Naturalist’s Guide to Reality
I opened the page, and was met by a hippie dude against the backdrop of a snowy mountain. cue the lsd enduded tripping duuuuude.

i speedread through that little piece of hogwash(nd quite honestly couldnt be bothered to waste my time trying to read all of it) and reaslised the following.
some people arent happy with religion, so they become atheists, but they are still kak scared that, just incase they are wrong, there is actually a god, they still have to be ‘spiritual’. so they dont burn in hell, and they have some kind of argument to present at the pearly gates.
and, and i see this often, while religion is shunned, they still talk to their ‘angels’ or familiars or fairies or wtf ever, cause the idea that we are truly left to our own devices, with no divine intervention, is terrifying as shit.
the idea that this planet, and all the leaches on it, is all by our lonesome in the universe, just makes them want to cuddle to teddy at night.
so, hey presto!! some grand design, so that, eventhough there is no god to pray to, to give meaning to your shitty life, at least there is so kind of plan, just incase you were thinking you are a insignigicant speck of grease in the great scheme of things.
just makes one feel a little better.
i guess, i could then be placed in the same little cubicle, cause i veer towards kharma. as opposed to grand design.
i dont know the reality, i just know there is no god in the sky, helping or hindering as we go. whether you negative or positive energy comes back to kick you in the ass, is open to debate. what happens to the soul, is a mystery as well.
i just know a hippie dude climing snowy mountains in help-my-sterk-lyk-hempies, and pulling on fat spliff, is not my idea of answers.

I’m busy reading up on it - seems to be all about sleep and knowing whether you are or not. I haven’t seen anything really funky in the way of an argument yet, but I am only half way through…

Aw! Not your own explanation in your own words? I understand your fear of being exposed as an inarticulate half-wit, and I understand your consequent penchant for plagiarism, but at least try. If you can’t express your position in coherent and logical English, one might expect that you actually don’t have a clue LOL.

And here I thought you knew about it. If you want an explanation of something or links to something, just ask for it, what is so difficult about that?

He did. I pointed it out. You decided to be a swarmy cunt about it.

btw All this crap should be moved to flame wars, it has nothing to do with Steve’s book and much with phrony’s ability to spread mud.

And TeleoIllogical still hasn’t answered me on this yet: http://forum.skeptic.za.org/news-and-current-events/my-book-on-the-shelf/msg9139/#msg9139, or the post following it.

Is your irony meter broken again?

Goodness me, is your irony meter broken as well?

Why do you feel the need to be answered about your opinions? If it is my job to answer to every Tom, Dick and Harry’s opinion then yeah, accuse me all you want of evasion, i don’t really mind though because I just don’t have the time and sometimes some people’s opinions are just not worth the effort really, despite them thinking they are the world’ most important critics or whatever.

Can’t help but thinking that you are jumping on the old mudsling badwagon here? Having fun yet?

yawn ::slight_smile:

Perhaps if you worked on your grammar, punctuation and capitalization, thereby posting in comprehensible English, we might understand what you say.

Possibly because he is engaging you in a civil and courteous manner and trying to have a conversation with you, something you profess to yearn for.

I am sure he’ll learn differently for himself quite soon.

Err, he gave his opinion, I did not reply to his opinion because I saw no need to and then he accused me of evasion and not answering him? Ok then, moving along.

lol

shame, old age is a bugger.

oh and by the ps, im a qualified journalist. writing the way i do, is called having a personality. something you seem to be lacking. sucks to be you.

Actually, it just makes you appear juvenile and silly. You don’t have to rebel against everything, y’know.