New Innocence of Muslims movie

A good article about the whole sorry business:

http://www.techthoughts.net/2012/09/21/hysteria-and-7th-century-literature/

A response to the riots by one who has been at the hot end of their wrath.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/09/16/ayaan-hirsi-ali-on-the-islamists-final-stand.html

I think the protestors themselves are guilty of giving this piece of kak film-making unwarranted publicity. A handful of like-minded arseholes might have gathered at the film-maker’s possie for a braai 'n a few bevvies and that’s as far as it would have gone. Now the whole world knows about it, thanks to the abhorrent acts used to condemn it.

If no one had complained about The Spear, it would have slipped into oblivion in a flash.

My quote is my redacted version, full story at link.

Saber was originally arrested over claims that he published the anti-Islam film “Innocence of Muslims” on Facebook, but when it emerged that there was no evidence to support the claim, he was later charged on the basis of an atheist video that he had made.

… she [his mother] called the police to protect her son, but once police arrived, it was Saber who was arrested, not those who attacked his home.

… the next day, she discovered that he was arrested on blasphemy charges.

… police incited the prisoners against Saber, claiming that he was an atheist and insulted the Prophet Mohamed; one of the prisoners injured him in the neck with a razor blade.

“If the blade was sharper, it would have killed Alber,”…

… the records do not state clearly who had filed the complaints, which is a violation of laws that oblige someone filing a complaint to reveal their identity. …

Prosecutors did not find the blasphemous movie when they asked Saber to log into his Facebook account, but declined to mention this in the investigations records …

The prosecution asked Saber during a 12-hour investigation about his religious beliefs. One of Saber’s lawyers was kicked out after objecting to questions about Saber’s personal religious beliefs

Saber was detained for four days pending investigation by the prosecution, and his detention is now extended to another 15 days, meaning it would end Saturday.

If I say more about this there will be explitives.

Of course, now Muslims want to ban blasphemy worldwide to protect the rest of us from themselves.

more explitives

Interesting result:

The producer of the controversial anti-Islam film “Innocence of Muslims” has been arrested for violating terms of his probation and is set for an appearance today in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, is scheduled for an initial appearance in the courthouse where Judge Christina Snyder sentenced him in June 2010 following a bank fraud conviction.

So, everyone gets what they want? Muslims can be happy the man was arrested, but liberals can be content he wasn’t actually arrested for blasphemy… I don’t know what to make of it…

So I heard. Good luck to them on that one, in the age of the internet. If such a ban happens, I will personally draw blasphemous pictures of any and every god I can think of, and post them all over the web. All of them will have a little blurb encouraging others to do the same. Before long, the entire planet will be knee-deep in blasphemy.

Oh, we’re already there. You just need to ask the right people and they’ll confirm it for you. There isn’t a thing you can think, say or do that some whackjob somewhere won’t consider profane or blasphemous.

'Luthon64

True.

Conservatism: The nagging fear that somehow, somewhere, someone is having fun.
Liberalism: The nagging fear that somehow, somewhere, someone may be offended.

So I heard. Good luck to them on that one, in the age of the internet. If such a ban happens, I will personally draw blasphemous pictures of any and every god I can think of, and post them all over the web. All of them will have a little blurb encouraging others to do the same. Before long, the entire planet will be knee-deep in blasphemy.

I will join you in this!