Pregnant Rape Victims Should "Make the Best" of It

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/766462/santorum%3A_pregnant_rape_victims_should_"make_the_best"_of_it_as_gop_anti-choice_insanity_ramps_up/

MORGAN: But do you really -- do you really -- let me ask you this. Do you really believe, in every case, it should be totally wrong, in the sense that -- I know that you believe, even in cases of rape and incest -- and you've got two daughters. You know, if you have a daughter that came to you who had been raped.

SANTORUM: Yes.

MORGAN: And was pregnant and was begging you to let her have an abortion, would you really be able to look her in the eye and say, no, as her father?

SANTORUM: I would do what every father must do, is to try to counsel your daughter to do the right thing…
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/766462/santorum%3A_pregnant_rape_victims_should_“make_the_best”_of_it_as_gop_anti-choice_insanity_ramps_up/
MORGAN: And they are looking at their daughter ,saying, how can I deal with this, because if I make her have this baby, isn’t it going to just ruin her life?

SANTORUM: Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn’t have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice. I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or doesn’t, it will always be her child. And she will always know that. And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I’ve always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created – in the sense of rape – but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you.

As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can’t think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.

whatta poes

I second that motion.

I got seriously peeved at the comments. All in favour with mitigating arguments are male. As if they have any idea of what it is to carry a baby for 9 months and then deliver the blasted squirming thing and then have to take it home and actually have to take care of it for the next 20 odd years - all this is fine and well if you actually WANT it, but what if you dont? You honestly think this child will have any chance in life? A mother that rejects it on an emotional level, growing up without any love or acceptance? You might as well legalise rape and classify women as animals ready to breed with any horny male that comes along.

fark, shit like this just pisses me off cronic. As if we dont have enough dumped babies already. (and yes, the poor things get dumped in the US as well)

to add to the picture: the growing up baby asks mommy: Whose my daddy?..
and then this is so stupid it blows my mind:

accept what God has given to you

god decided that the only way to give this poor girl a child is to have her being raped???..OOOOPS forgot that’s how god works…check the Holi Baaibel.

my first response was: this is sexism.
why does a man get to decide what a woman gets to do with her body? why does a minority, who is by no shape colour of form, experts on pregnancy, childbearing, or rape for that matter, get to decide on this? and it’s got sweet blue dick-all to do with god. it’s control. and if you want to go the conspiracy route, the government wanting bodies who will work and pay tax. no matter how they were conceived.
my second was: whatta poes

i had an abortion. best decision i ever made. i would have been so epically fooked if i didnt.

Well look, logically he’s fracked, because it all runs around back to the free will thing. If we have free-will, then god DID NOT want her to be raped and have the spawn. If god DID WANT her to have the kid, we DO NOT have free will, and he’s a sadistic bastard to boot.

Whatever you do, do not look up the word “santorum” on Google…

:smiley:

I’m guessing you don’t mean the US senator…

Hehe as soon as I see “do not” makes me want to. and - ew!! :o

this

And he knew it. We was tricked!

With the way things are going in the US, they’ll have a female president in less than 20 years. Provided shes not a bible-slinger, this dialouge will change considerably.

My solution:

I am all for the rights of the mother. If the mother has an abortion, the rapist must be charged with murder as well.

not sure about ‘murder’, but something like forcefull procreation with the intent of murder, or whatever.

Ahem, precedent: Abortion != murder.

Edit: Works with programmers too much, != means “Not equal to”

A gift from God? This God dude really must be sick fuck.

Whatever you do, do not look up the word "santorum" on Google...

Argh, argh, argh!! “Frothy mix?” More arghhhhhhh!

Off topic but here is another Google-ism. Google Maps. Get Directions. Type in from USA to Japan. Look at #32. ;D