Re-mail for the day

Got a re-mail from my one boss.
A long and involved one about awakening of spiritual whatnots, 11-11-11, eclipses, celestial alignments and other random bollocks. But i think it more likely talks about DNA activation.

snippets of woo

Our descent into chaos caused us to fall in vibration off of the spiral of evolution and initiated our self-inflicted entrapment on the humanly created wheel of karma.
The influx of Light that flowed through the collective cup of consciousness and the Heart Flames of Lightworkers who were strategically stationed all over the world changed the course of history for Humanity.
When our fear-based human egos took control of our Earthly bodies they decided that their sole purpose was to gratify our physical senses. Once this occurred, the Elemental intelligence that comprises our physical, etheric, mental, and emotional bodies was forced to outpicture the grotesque mutations of aging, disease, mental illness, deformities, and all of the degenerative diseases we have miscreated. Even death, as we know it now, is a human miscreation.

if anybody wants the full account, i will send it on.

my response was thus:

[i]Mike
You do know I’m an atheist and a skeptic right?
This whole article makes me want to point out the myriad of assumed facts that people latch onto to promote their own particular brand of touchy-feely.

The most prominent flaw, is 11-11-11. They say the number is powerfull. Ok. ironic though, that, our current calendar, is wrong. Our current calendar was adopted in 1582 from the Julian calendar, which was rather inaccurate. Was is the likelihood that for 1500 odd years, anybody has been keeping accurate calendars? Considering that the vast majority of people were not literate.

If one had to take the birth of Jesus as the marking-point for the start of today’s calendar, there is a problem already:
Matthew says he was born when Herod was King of Judea, Herod died in the year 4 B.C.
Luke says he was born when Cyrenius was Governor of Syria, Cyrenius, who, in Roman history is Quirinius, did not become Governor of Syria until ten years later. Herod and Quirinius are separated by the whole reign of Archelaus, Herod’s son.

Considering changes in religious powers, doctrines, wars, lost scriptures and paperwork, it’s HIGHLY unlikely that today’s date is accurate.
So every date that seems significant, isn’t really.

And, with that, I will simply say: Bazinga![/i]

That first quote made my head hurt. I’ll decline the kind offer of the complete works, but thanks for offering.

This lot is quite persistent are’nt they? I have a couple here at work too that insistently sends the rubbish to me in the vain hope that it will allow me to “see the light that will guide my way…”

Today is 14-12-2011 and I’m writing this at 12:14. (well ok, I started at 12:14)

Like wow. And stuff.

I like your response, GCG and I lke that your boss know you are an atheist :smiley:

we are a wildly liberal bunch here. we literally sit our our balcony and smoke up while we watch the rush-hour traffic go past. it’s awesome.

I got this from the Organ Donor Foundation today–a secular message with a very Islamic looking Christmas tree (if such a thing is possible). I’m not sure whether or not the orange star is supposed to be a star of David or not. Interesting.

http://forum.skeptic.za.org/religion-and-philosophy/re-mail-for-the-day/?action=dlattach;attach=718

The Star of David has six points and is normally rendered with blue lines. The one on the greeting card is five-pointed, orange and solid. On the other hand, green and white are the national colours of Pakistan, a decidedly Islamist country, and the tree is stylistically strongly reminiscent of Arabic script. At the same time, green, white and orange are Ireland’s colours, so maybe the Organ Donor Foundation is subtly trying to encourage Irish Muslims and Pakistani Catholics living in South Africa to donate their brains…

(PS: The connection is perhaps strengthened by the observation that, in impolite company, Irishmen are sometimes referred to as “bogside Arabs”.)

'Luthon64