SITP Sandton?

PMS? ??? :wink:

Never mind, I still like you.

Soā€¦ sorry if I offended you. It wasnā€™t my intention to suggest you need to ask permission or that youā€™re too stupid to organize it properly. I quite honestly (no, really) just wanted to make sure we ended up with one, unified, JHB skeptical community. Iā€™ve been trying to foster greater cooperation between SA & African skeptics for a couple of years (e.g.). Strength in numbers, that kind of thing.

n00b out.

This is kinda the point of the SitP thing. Mikeā€™s been one of the leaders* of the SA sceptical movement for agesā€¦ a movement which, rightly or wrongly, exists mostly outside of this forum.

SitP is a great opportunity for those of us from different facets of that community (this forum, the FB group, various blogs and other circles) to meet and mix it up, sceptic-style.

This almost-flame-war makes me a sad panda. Weā€™re supposed to be on the same side hereā€¦ the more we collaborate and share our established resources, the better itā€™ll be for all of us. This just highlights the fact that we (those of us who think itā€™s important) have plenty more work to do in fostering that cohesion.

* Insofar as there is such a thing.

fair enough. my bad. :-X

LOL! Watch some South Park lately? :wink:

I try to keep the site updated with SITP events (check http://skeptic.za.org/ or http://forum.skeptic.za.org/events-highlights-news/).

Usually I get the facebook event invites in my mail box and update the site, so if you want to make sure I know of the event and your not using the FB group, just email me directly :wink:

PS If anyone wants to post events in events-highlights-news (and also on the main page) let me know and Iā€™ll give you access.
PMS I probably should make member status depend on more than just post countā€¦ maybe add the join date?

then we will have people like benguela, who rarely chirps in about anything, looking like heā€™s a regular contributer. at the risk of sounding like a douche, coz i got hero status, i think that if the contribute regularly, and interact, and post topics, then you should be upped in status. i honestly think my hero status is unfounded, coz i often comment random shit, and it might not be relevant or even interresting. i made up the numbers with rambling and ranting.

on the other hand, i would be severly mif if some guy who joined two years ago, and pops in once in a while and adds a comment here and there, gets hero status, just coz heā€™s here longer than anybody else.

This is getting more and more like a real family - heheh - feeel the leeerve.

News about last nightā€™s audition gig: I got the gig, and will be starting there in the second week of September. The good news is that next week (1 September) I will be available. Thank you gcg for wanting to include me - I feel honoured. My muso-work-at-night schedule effectively removes almost any hope of me having a social life/keeping a girlfriend etc. The price we pay for being artists SIGH. Hey, if I cut my ear off maybe I could be famous LOL.

Wouldnā€™t that constitute a mere cover version of artistic volatility? To be memorable, youā€™ll need to cut something original off. And then write a song about it. :wink:

Mintaka

LOL. Mmmmm. Cut something original off ā€¦ I could always become a Rabbi and instead of writing a song about what I was cutting off I could invent a religion. >:D Oh sorry, that one is already taken. :-\

Hey gcg, got the invite on Facebook and replied. Thanks. First of September it is and I will be there. Thank you soooo much for accommodating the MusoMan. Next week Wednesday Spring will start in style and mild inebriation but with the COOLEST family eva. Yaaaaay!