Sub-forums

Logged on as guest today (cleared cookies) and noticed that I couldn’t see some of the sub-forums. Do all these guests I see logged on at all times actually know this?

And on that subject who are they?? Sometimes they are many! :smiley:

I once posted a series that required scanned photos to be edited after posting, so I did it very late at night. To my surprise there soon were 24 guests on the thread watching me. Considering the time, I suspect there may be quite a few Americans reading our postings.

There’s only a few boards that guests aren’t able to see, mostly forum related, so it won’t interest them anyway…

Not all the quests are necessarily human - there are countless twitter/facebook/searchengine bots crawling regularly. The forum software makes an attempt to distinguish between them but it’s not perfect. :confused:

damn those bots!!! >:(
trying to act all sentient and shit.

sjjt, there is currently two spiders watching…

Are they from the world wide web??

I am often stunned at this myself. I will post and then a few minutes later the counter of the number of times the post has been read has increase exponentially. Or there are 20 so guests reading the post with me concurrently.

I often thought to myself, “I wish these guests will stop reading and start posting” I was even worried why the rest of the skeptics community in SA are not posting here. I hear the skeptics in the pub is really popular. Where are these guys?

Superman, I wrote you a longish reply to your message: then the system said “can’t find member” and my reply was cyberspaced??? (wtf!!) Did you receive it?