The little things that irk us so

People who do not follow procedures then when things go wrong the justification is “Sh*t happens!!” with the expectation that this is sufficient and will be accepted.

i have list of irksome pet-hates. i actually love the word ‘irk’, btw.

1. hypocrytes. i try hard not to fall into that meme, allthough its not allways easy. i hate people who say shit like ‘im not a racist but…’, and their ilk
  2. qeues, i think, i common one. if i walk into a supermarket, check long qeues, i walk out.
  3. personal space. get fuck out of mine.
  4. kids. noisy ones. arrogant, smart-arse spawn.
  5. tail gaters. i have insurance fucker. do you?
  6. telesales. why. for the love of god, would i want another cellphone? with a completely different number? piss off.
  7. rude tellers. if i can greet you, it wont kill your lazy ass to greet me back.
  8. PMS. nuff said.
  9. service providers. all of them. those moneygrabbing evil bastards.
  10. instant coffee. puke.
  11. bodybuilders. you like you have sores under your armpits. you are not attractive. and your fake-tan looks stupid.
  12. lighties driving loud cars. either the actual vehicle sounds like a ford cortina fresh from boksburg, or they are pumping some bullshit monotonous kak from the 500 speakers occupying the back-seat. if i can hear your drivel through my own headphones, its too fucking loud.
  13. cat-haters. is your ego so frail, that you cant handle an animal ignoring your sorry ass?

Something that got me into a bit of trouble for being impolite, and is a problem that I mostly have noticed in extended family, is using “vervelig” (boring) instead of “verveeld” (bored)
So she’ll say “My seun was baie vervelig, toe gaan doen hy (whatever)”. After about 10 of those “vervelig” I just interjected with “Dis verveeld, nie vervelig nie. Iets is vervelig, jy was verveeld”. Almost went even further and said “Jy is vervelig, maar dit is nie hoe jy dit wil gebruik nie”. Most of the time I have some sense.

Just something that pisses me off to no end.

Yup, or translating “Bla bla bla, I think.” to “Bla bla bla, ek dink.” >:(

people that complain about noobtubes and camping… >:D

I have ADD, so that would be me, when off my meds…

… OR on weed.

Or getting older. ;D

Boogie, if I was forewarned about your ADD it wouldn’t bother me…

When getting on an international flight, how many times is it really necessary to search both me and all my luggage?

Surely once would suffice?

I guess it’s not THAT bad but when you’ve flown a couple of times in a short period, it reaaalllly gets to you.

Some people just have a "search me’ face Boogie. Try walking through with a backback…you’re royal game!

willfull stupidity. Not ignorance, as ignorance still has the possibility to be open for education and enlightenment, but WILLFULL STUPIDITY. Too much of that is this bloody country at the moment. I’m grumpy.

Protruding shower taps at elbow height: somehow builders always manage to get this right, no matter how tall you are.

my S/O has long blonde hair, wears converse, black t-shirts with skulls and stuff on… and had a backpack. it just screams “i have drugs in my anus!”

Hmm… Since I and your S/O don’t look exactly the opposite, I should endeavor to burn my black t-shirts with skulls on it. And yes I usually tote a backpack.

BUT, the one time I was allowed to run through security because of a flight fuckup, I was wearing a t-shirt that had a controversial slogan on it with crosshairs. I was even taken up on it by an angry American who took offense to the shirt, and who sat accross from me on the bus-ride. Somehow though, border security didn’t mind.

if americans are so touchy-feely and emotional, i shall, if i ever travel over the oceans, endeavour to wear every controversial t-short i own. just to pick a fight with a yank. old danny has a t-shirt with a praying mantid crossing its arms, in lucid green, and very pointedly saying ‘atheist’. either people over here are too polite to say anything, or too oblivious. i would LOVE to have some bible slinger give me lip. im combatative that way. love a good sparring. had to sit through a wonderfull bluecheese and weed infused pasta last nite, listenting to one bird wax lyrically how ‘die Here’ gave her peace, and how she is forgiving her dad ‘in die naam van Jesus’. i was too stoned to argue the point.

I’d love to tour China with a “Free Tibet”: written in Chinese on a red background.

jisses. you will never see the free world again.

(動) 欺騙; 詛咒; 利用; 性交

(名) 中國

which translated means “Fuck China”
I think!

Atheists that do not try to consistently apply skepticism in all areas of life.

Closet theists who call themselves atheist because they are pissed off at religion, not because of skepticism.