The little things that irk us so

People who argue with you with a prior intent to make you offend them, or take offense to something, so that they can try and claim a moral high ground. (Not gonna look at anyone in particular)

The surprising benefits of lemon!

I remain perplexed!

Institute of Health Sciences, 819 N. L.L.C. Charles Street Baltimore , MD 1201.
This is the latest in medicine, effective for cancer!
Read carefully & you be the judge.
Lemon (Citrus) is a miraculous product to kill cancer cells. It is 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapy.
Why do we not know about that? Because there are laboratories interested in making a synthetic version that will bring them huge profits. You can now help a friend in need by letting him/her know that lemon juice is beneficial in preventing the disease. Its taste is pleasant and it does not produce the horrific effects of chemotherapy. How many people will die while this closely guarded secret is kept, so as not to jeopardize the beneficial multimillionaires large corporations? As you know, the lemon tree is known for its varieties of lemons and limes. You can eat the fruit in different ways: you can eat the pulp, juice press, prepare drinks, sorbets, pastries, etc… It is credited with many virtues, but the most interesting is the effect it produces on cysts and tumors. This plant is a proven remedy against cancers of all types. Some say it is very useful in all variants of cancer. It is considered also as an anti microbial spectrum against bacterial infections and fungi, effective against internal parasites and worms, it regulates blood pressure which is too high and an antidepressant, combats stress and nervous disorders.
The source of this information is fascinating: it comes from one of the largest drug manufacturers in the world, says that after more than 20 laboratory tests since 1970, the extracts revealed that: It destroys the malignant cells in 12 cancers, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreas … The compounds of this tree showed 10,000 times better than the product Adriamycin, a drug normally used chemotherapeutic in the world, slowing the growth of cancer cells. And what is even more astonishing: this type of therapy with lemon extract only destroys malignant cancer cells and it does not affect healthy cells.
Institute of Health Sciences, 819 N. L.L.C. Cause Street, Baltimore, MD1201
SEND TO EVERYONE … ! ! ! ! !

Done in multicolours and differing font sizes… I NEED a facedesk smiley BG

Religion! It’s not such a little thing, but it is really pissing me off at the moment! It’s everywhere! And it’s so &#$%ing stupid!

Long weekend coming up - may be I will chill a bit… :stuck_out_tongue:

have a beer and praise the brewer in the sky! ;D enjoy the weekend

the dangerous, oxymoronic waters that we are about to enter

Thanks, Mintaka, for starting this fun thread, I LOVED your story, haven’t had such a good laugh for ages!

get a life
!

Here’s one - having to sign the credit card slip after just putting in your pin!

When a well-meaning crystal hugger tells me that “The universe will take care of it” or quotes some new-age crap from “The Secret”, I long to inflict GBH.

Hey, I revert to the “universe” thing whenever I’m in a corner, its preferable to “god” in my mind. >:D

People at funerals meaninglessly repeating “he’s with god now”, as if that’s supposed to help.

as they said when my grandson died: “God wanted him on his side” …FFS is god a catholic?

omfg!!! that’s wrong on so many levels brian, but oh so funny. ;D

Sorry, Faerie! Didn’t want to tramp on any feelings. I just think it’s a cop-out. And trite. If my kitty dies and someone was to say something about the universe or that it was part of god’s plan, I will have to hit them. My excuse will be that the universe is so unpredictable or that this was part of god’s plan too.

But an honest “So sorry about your kitty. Losing a beloved family member sucks” would hit the spot.

Hey, dont worry about MY feelings, and you certainly didnt tramp on them, I was being devilish about it!

It IS a cop out, and I unashamedly use it for my own benefit, so dont feel bad, if anything, I should hang my head in shame… but on the other hand, when I sit next to someone handing tissues to them, and I KNOW they’re religious, and they’re waiting for me to pat their hands and tell them that god will heal, I just cannot bring myself to do it, so it usually comes out as the universe works in mysterious ways and that time will heal all pain… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry… :confused: (what the hell for I dont know, but I feel the need to apologise)

No sorries needed. I reckon you somehow read between the lines and realised that a beloved kitty did recently die and his humans have raw nerves. If my hairdresser makes a universe comment (almost guaranteed) it’ll be hard not to get creative with those scissors.

Time does heal or perhaps dampen. Maybe we get better at controlling the tears.

Man, kitties… mine are like my kids, honestly, I love them on the same level. My baby Lucy went in for her spay this morning, and I’m frantic.

my cats are my life. two of them i knew from birth, the one i actually handreared, and i love them like i birthed them myselves. i love my dogs too, but my cats are my kids. try and share a bed with 5 of them, when there is only so much electric blanket to go around. guess who sleeps on the cold side (here’s a clue, it’s not them).

Okay...hold on..If my phone rings.....then I am a believer!!

Ok guys, this truly is freaky, the phone literally rang as soon as I read The last word of this email!!!

I am taking the bait - What do I have to lose right?

Hope it works!

Ok, this I got from a email this morning. It just baffles me how in the face they are but when an athiest says something then you are evil.

Your quotes are empty.

:smiley: Irksome.

Oh, I am so sorry :smiley: