Thrive

One of my colleagues recommended this movie: http://www.thrivemovement.com/

Must be good, it has Chopra, crop circles, aliens, Illuminati, world-bank, new world order, federal reserve and reptilian overlords :smiley:

THRIVE is an unconventional documentary that lifts the veil on what's REALLY going on in our world by following the money upstream -- uncovering the global consolidation of power in nearly every aspect of our lives. Weaving together breakthroughs in science, consciousness and activism, THRIVE offers real solutions, empowering us with unprecedented and bold strategies for reclaiming our lives and our future.
Oh, my dear john! It's got David Icke in it as well! I must run and warn my lizard colleagues that our disguise is about to be penetrated; we simply cannot allow sheeple to be empowered and reclaim their lives and their futures.
You have attempted to access a restricted website.

INTERNET USAGE IS MONITORED AND LOGGED.

Your username: mwiddicombe
Your IP address: 172.20.246.108
Your Destination URL: YouTube
Bluecoat deems your website to contain: Open/Mixed Content;Audio/Video Clips

YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED ACCESS TO THIS SITE

Itā€™s too late! Weā€™ve been rumbled! Back to the mother ship as fast as our little claws can carry us!

They refuse to let IE8 browse themā€¦ they are on to something.

Anyone ever seen the move *They live? That dude was hardcore, when he discovered the lizards, he immediately starts busting their balls. (or whatever equivalent these alien suckers happen to have handy) That is how you do it, not build fancy websites to talk about it!

*The line ā€œI have come here to chew bubblegum and kick assā€¦and Iā€™m all out of bubblegum.ā€ springs from it. Always loved that one :smiley:

At the risk of severely derailing the threadā€¦

Iā€™ve never understood that phrase. To me it doesnā€™t mean what the speaker intends.

Perhaps he meant ā€œorā€ instead of ā€œandā€? Both the ā€œexclusive-orā€ and the more ordinary ā€œorā€ would make more sense than ā€œandā€.

I have come here to chew bubblegum [b]or[/b] kick ass (possibly doing both at the same time) ... and I'm all out of bubblegum. So, there will be have to be ass-kicking even thought there is no bubblegum by disjunctive syllogism.
I have come here to chew bubblegum [b]or[/b] kick ass (not both at the same time) ... and I'm all out of bubblegum. So, there can only be ass-kicking because it's the only option left, by (a form of) disjunction elimination.

Contrast those with thisā€¦

I have come here to chew bubblegum [b]and[/b] kick ass (together) ... and I'm all out of bubblegum. Therefore, by contradiction elimination, it's time to go home.

:slight_smile:

Has anyone been able to download the theme tune lyrics from the site? When I click on the link, absolutely nothing happens. Iā€™m sure it will provide a few giggles and Iā€™m really in the mood for a laugh today.

Perhaps theyā€™re being beamed to my subconscious and I should now know the lyrics. Either that or itā€™s an amateur website where some of the links donā€™t work. I simply canā€™t accept that to be true for a website run by people who will bring on the new dawn of human knowledge.

:stuck_out_tongue:

James

THRIVE
Words and Music by Austin Willacy and Ariel Thiermann
Sung by Ariel Thiermann and Austin Willacy
Produced by Gary Malkin and Ariel Thiermann

cycles repeating ā€“ the earth is speaking
saying time has come to wake up from
this nightmare of lies
so many shattered lives
reaching outā€¦ crying

crying out for freedom
crying out for love
carried by the current
ā€˜til we stand side by side
on the brink of a brand new dawn

we come together while the waters rise
thereā€™s a stirringā€¦
what on earth does it take to thrive?

while weā€™ve been sleeping
our hearts were beating
so much closer than we ever knew
beneath the noise thereā€™s an inner voice
whispering clear and true

the veils are finally lifting
a wayā€™s becoming clear
thereā€™s a dream without a limit
and a vision so strong
every person knows they belong

thereā€™s a stirringā€¦ deep insideā€¦ deep inside
we come together to stand up for our lives
what on earth does it take toā€¦

thrive
out in the open
thrive
healing whatā€™s broken
every heartā€¦ every life
claiming our place in it now

we all have what it takes to thrive
we all have what it takes to thrive!

THRIVE Theme Song Video

Thanks Benguela.

:confused:

That wasnā€™t nearly as entertaining as I would have hoped for.

But I suppose itā€™s to be expected, itā€™s a common theme with cult movements, that their theme should sound as normal and all-inclusive as possible and downplay the crazy claims. And then, over time, new recruits are gently lead away from reality.

James

I, for one, welcome our new scaled overlords.

Also, open request to the illuminati: You guys are awesome, just tell me where and the password, Iā€™m in.

Edit: Coincidence that this music sounds just like every gospel song I ever heard? I think not.

LOL ok 3rd comment in a row but wowā€¦

ā€œThe corporations and companies controlling you through your money are BAD! $5 and weā€™ll tell you why.ā€

How forward thinking of you.

apart from the woo-element, i quite like the overall thought behind it. that we can thrive without fucking up the planet. that they think the energy is of alien origin, is just a bit silly.

Cant access the site but the comments make me wonder if the reptilian overlords areā€™nt the same lot featuring in Stephen Kingā€™s ā€œTen oā€™clock peopleā€ ?? How many almost-non-smokers have seen them in the ā€œfleshā€ so to speak?