Uganda's Anti-Gay Legislation

Here is one of many news articles about the proposed Anti-Gay legislation in Uganda, which carries the death penalty for anyone found “guilty” of being gay or being involved in a homosexual relationship.

A lot of the blame for the proposed law is being firmly placed on three American Christian Evangelists who gave a series of talks on

“how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how “the gay movement is an evil institution” whose goal is “to defeat the marriage-based society and replace it with a culture of sexual promiscuity.””

This brings up the question of accountability.
Do you think that these three men should be held accountable for their contribution to this proposed legislation?

I think what they did could be called hate speech.

Nobody has really held the perpetrators of genocide in Uganda accountable for anything. To this day there are rebels in that country killing indiscriminately, so I think the point is entirely moot. Sad tho, it’s a beautiful country, I would live there if not for the rebel problem, and the ebola outbreaks. :-\

More on the issue on news24.

And now, the DRC too, where a lawmaker-cum-senior-cleric, a bishop, moots anti-gay legislation. Quoth the erudite man:––

Yet another case of religious tolerance and forgiveness?

'Luthon64

If you were to oppose the law in the DRC house of parliament, how would you phrase it in simple, convincing lingo?

“Wake the motherfuck up. It is the year 2010. Two thousand and fucking ten.” /shakes head in supreme disgust and walks out mumbling.

That is how I would oppose it. Probably why I am not in any parliament anywhere :-[

Avec votre stupidité, vous êtes comme un petit bourré fils d’un chou pourri.

I would have to practise the right diction and delivery, though.

'Luthon64

“Who shall cast the first stone? Get thee hence, thou who deceiveth thyselves, pedarasts” Thy time is coming!"

…and I warn Bishop Yamapiale: Stay out of our bedrooms!